Hometap has an ambitious mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our vision is to make the idea of bringing on an investor for your home as ubiquitous as borrowing to finance a home is today. We also aspire to build a long lasting durable financial-technology company that becomes a hallmark of the Boston economy.
We are passionately building a business and industry that is homeowner-centric and empowers current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. Our first product allows a homeowner to tap into the built-in value of their home in order to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition or help family members in times of need.
Today, Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership. This product is scaling rapidly and we have begun our plans to expand our platform to support numerous other products over time, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Our solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners, business and asset capital partners.
As Hometaps Full Stack Engineering Co-op, you will help build, test, and scale software to enable homeowners to access their homes equity. You will influence how and what we build as we expand to serve homeowners across the country. We are looking for an engineer who is mission-driven, passionate about quality, and motivated to deliver results.
What You'll Do
- Building integrations with both internal and external tools including Salesforce, HouseCanary, Segment, Experian, and more
- Championing the creation of new tools and processes to improve workflow
- Maintaining a high bar for code quality and best practices through code reviews
- Implementing key analytics to support a highly data-driven company
- Collaborating with engineers, product managers, and stakeholders using Agile practices
What You'll Bring
- Experience with Python and Python-based frameworks, preferably Django
- Knowledge of how to query databases using SQL and/or ORMsExperience with testing frameworks
- Experience with cloud services, preferably AWS
- Proficiency with Git or other revision control systems
- Familiarity with API design, development, and documentation
- Experience working on products requiring a high level of security
- Familiarity with the Fintech industry
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If youre someone who embraces this builder mentality, youll be right at home here.