The Exclusive Brands team is seeking an experienced leader to oversee the strategic direction, operating model and P&L management for its Commodity Brands. Wayfair Basics is the customer-facing manifestation of Wayfairs Commodity SKUs, which is part of the strategic plan that will support Wayfairs path to $100B in annual revenue.
This role will blend the strategic and the operational together and will be responsible for (1) defining the end to end strategy for Commodity Brands (currently WFBS only, but could expand), (2) Full P&L management, including assortment/SKU selection, (3) Operational accountability (i.e. go to market support, reporting and monitoring, etc.) and (4) direct people management and org planning. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, focused, and ambitious professional who loves the challenge of a fast-paced business unit to take a key strategic Wayfair initiative to the next level. This role will also involve significant collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders and regular exposure to leadership to surface key findings.
What Youll Do:
- Define the end to end strategy for Commodity Brands
- Define and grow the team org structure to execute the strategy
- Own the P&L management, ensuring top and bottom line growth
- Define the operational requirements and technology needs
- Drive product assortment decisions, leveraging market trends, historical data trends and other inputs to identify assortment gaps and replace underperforming products
- Grow and expand supplier partnerships to ensure success of your categories
- Partner with cross-functional teams to deploy strategies that drive growth for the business
What Youll Need:
- 6+ years of work or 1+ year of post MBA experience in analytical, consulting, technology, startup, or strategy roles
- MBA preferred but not required
- Entrepreneurial-minded leader, who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment
- Evidence of scrappy startup execution and a get it done attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Strong background in data driven decision making, coupled with having an appreciation for brand and consumer experience
- Ability to inspire an internal team through challenges and uncertainty and instill confidence with both internal and external partners
- Experience communicating, collaborating and delivering business results with senior leaders across a wide variety of disciplines
- Held positions of commensurate scope, responsibility, complexity and accountability
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.