Wayfair is revolutionizing the way home goods are merchandised and sold online. We have made multi-year investments in visual asset creation technology that have disrupted how the industry produces imagery, video and augmented reality (AR) assets. Through our user-generated content programs (e.g., customers reviews, photos), we are making Wayfair the destination for the richest, most trusted customer feedback in the industry. Together, these efforts drive more traffic, higher conversion, fewer returns and happier customers, while ultimately delivering over $1 billion (and growing) in incremental revenue to Wayfair each year.
We are bringing these merchandising capabilities directly to our supplier partners through Merchandising as a Service (MaaS). MaaS will be the ecommerce readiness destination for all suppliers on Wayfair who want to accelerate product performance at any stage of the product life cycle. We offer suppliers a continuously expanding suite of merchandising services and pair this with high-quality reporting and decision-making support. Success of the MaaS business will dramatically improve consumers experiences, strengthen our supplier relationships and build a long-term competitive advantage for Wayfair.
The General Manager of MaaS will build an industry-leading B2B e-commerce readiness service for our suppliers and drive adoption into a $5 billion total addressable market. Examples of problems you will solve include, but are not limited to:
- Take a merchandising lens to our customer and supplier problems. For example, how might we use media to educate and inspire our customers on the right products for them?
- How might we build a scalable product that can create and deliver content for a 10 million SKU catalogue across 70 brands and styles?
- How do we deepen our partnerships with our industry partners (e.g., Apple, Google, Matterport) in creating next-generation experiences for our customers and suppliers?
What youll do as GM:
- Be fully responsible for the strategy, P&L and long-term vision for MaaS, with a mandate to grow revenue by 10x
- Drive evolution of the strategy, navigating the business through direct share gain from established players as well as whitespace opportunities
- Ensure fast and flawless execution across a highly cross-functional team, influencing through direct and indirect reports and peers
- Make data-driven decisions in our test-and learn culture to validate hypotheses and inform business priorities
- Directly manage a team of ~15 across Strategy, Operations, Sales and Product Marketing, with matrixed ownership and decision rights over the Product and Engineering team.
What we are looking for:
- 15+ years of relevant experience in positions of commensurate scope, responsibility, complexity and accountability
- Track record of successfully leading high performing, cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated results on self-initiated vision/strategy, from opportunity identification to stakeholder alignment to delivered impact
- Entrepreneurial-minded leader, who has been successful operating in a dynamic, fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Experiencing directly leading and/or influencing Product and Tech partners
- Ability to inspire an internal team through challenges and uncertainty and instill confidence with external partners (suppliers, media)
- Experience communicating, collaborating and delivering business results with senior leadership
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.