Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the worlds most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
Weve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. Thats why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push whats possible to get us there. And if you fail, its coolwe know youll grow spectacularly. What matters is that youre helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
The Global Benefits & LOA Manager, reporting to the Total Rewards leader, plays a critical role in maintaining a highly valued portfolio of insured and wellness benefits that are cost effective. She/he will continue building the foundation for a great employee experience through family friendly and relevant benefits and policies. The incumbent will bring a passion for continuous improvement for our Benefits and LOA programs.
The role has responsibility for benefit/wellness design, cost management, support and leadership. He/She will be accountable for managing all contracts and service level agreements with insured and well being product providers.
This position also manages all leaves of absence policy, administration and legal compliance along with coordinating through third party administrators.
The incumbent will be expected to independently resolve problems and queries relative to benefits strategy and philosophy, their impact to local offerings and statutory compliance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leads the design, implementation and administration of global benefits function (health, dental, life, disability, retirement, pension, leave of absence and perks) with an emphasis on continued improvement; Drives the design & continuous application of an organizational benefits philosophy to ensure all employees feel valued and supported
- May manage a Benefits & LOA Specialist, and coordinates Benefit-related activities in a matrixed environment, with local HR Support in-country (where applicable); leads the team to ensure the success and consistency of all employee benefits transactions & administration including new hire enrollments, employee changes, and terminations
- Drives external relationships with vendors including all insurance carriers, Benefit broker(s), and Benefit consultant(s), ensuring Thrasio receives top tier service from an administrative standpoint, and that, together, we deliver an exception experience to all employees, locally
- Partners with People Partner function to continuously assess employee needs, requests, and opportunities to drive better programmatic support and offerings, translating to employee satisfaction and engagement
- Partners with People Services and Payroll support functions, for auditing and effectively managing these transactions within the HRIS and Benefits tools, and the reconciliation of statements; acts as Subject Matter Expert with regard to all tools and systems designed to support aforementioned Benefits function.
- Drives action and efficiency by bringing internal studies, employee feedback, external research, and business needs together, to analyze the effectiveness and competitiveness of existing benefit and perks programs in all markets - enabling the organization to prioritize and correctly value critical pillars of our programs
- Ensures all employee benefit packages and service protocols are conducted with a focus on the organizations commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; escalates any policy or process that seems to undermine or limit the teams ability to provide access to a world-class employee experience to all
What You Bring to the Party:
- Minimum 5-7 years of benefit and LOA management
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state laws relating to benefit plans including (but not limited to) ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ADA and FMLA
- Strong knowledge and understanding of rewards and perks benchmarking in Tech & eCommerce industries
- Mastery of Benefits and LOA Administration processes and enabling systems
- Proficient use of benefit and LOA systems
- Proven record of success with attention to detail, creative problem solving capabilities and demonstrable self-driven initiative to improve operational processes
- Highly attuned discretion with regard to employee data, queries, transactions, and general support
Preferred Skills & Qualities
- Great communication skills. Asking questions, listening, facilitating and arbitrating discussions, and presenting ideas to groups large and small are all things you are good at. Among your strengths are the ability to effectively translate complex concepts and information into clear and effective messages, and to establish credibility for yourself and your team, in representing your broad are of subject matter expertise
- Comfortable with change, agility, and high-volume environments. You are able to work well under pressure, with limited direction and are comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical mindset. You approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make decisions, but you know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights
- Possess a progressive and productive attitude and a positive demeanor; complete with the ability to accept constructive feedback and refine or adjust your approach.
- Team-oriented, collaborative nature; be ready to wear many hats. Were a small, fast-growing team. Everyone needs to pull for each other, share best practices, and take on work that will make our entire organization successful
- Proactive and solutions-oriented. Hands-on approach and willingness to be involved with both strategic development and tactical implementation.
- Adapt quickly to changes impacting both technical and non-technical processes, policies and procedures
- Familiarity with HRIS/People Technology (Workday, ADP, etc.).
- Strong project management skills; proven ability to manage multiple projects and ad-hoc requests
- Strong senses of both urgency and humor, ideally in equal doses!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and arent afraid to challenge assumptions, so were looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
Youre encouraged to apply even if your experience doesnt precisely match the job description. Join us!
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.