We are looking for an experienced intelligence analyst to join our new Corporate Security team. As the first person in this role, you will help create a function that will conduct threat assessments by analyzing, evaluating, disseminating and maintaining information about activities that pose a potential threat to our employees, facilities and operations. This position reports directly to the Global Head of Corporate Security.
An ideal candidate has deep experience in working across a large set of stakeholders to implement change, anticipating how the threat landscape will evolve, and recommending innovative mitigations against the range of threats. A successful candidate will be hard-working, proactive, entrepreneurial and able to build consensus and apply sound, pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations. As a member of a new team, you will have the opportunity to engage in and develop other areas of expertise. You will have the opportunity to work on the most challenging, complicated, and high-visibility security risks the company is facing.
What You'll Do
- You will be responsible for delivering excellent intelligence services and conducting investigations within a wide range of corporate initiatives. You will analyze data, communicate findings and write threat profile reports, consult with employees on risks during travel or their place of residence and develop innovative and cost-effective risk mitigation strategies.
- Research open-source intelligence on social media platforms, deep/dark websites, law enforcement databases, judicial databases, and other forums to identify or monitor known and/or potential threats.
- As a member of a small, scrappy team, you will have the opportunity to engage in and develop other areas of expertise, including building out corporate security in our Global Security Operations Center.
- Develop strategies for handling complex, high-visibility problems in creative, business-centric ways and leverage resources and technology to build processes that address risk and enable fast and flexible growth for the company.
- Select and manage outside vendors where needed; hold external advisors to a high bar and act as the bridge between outside resources and our internal teams to drive cost-effective and business-oriented solutions.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience working in intelligence (either government or private sector).
- Experience with open-source investigation techniques and familiarity with a variety of internet research tools.
- Experience analyzing and mitigating high-impact threats and online threat actors.
- Proven track record of managing and executing on short-term and long-term projects
- Organized and able to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, ambiguous and changing environment.
- Embrace challenging situations with a solutions-oriented mindset; able to quickly build trust with stakeholders.
- Self-motivated to seek out challenges and tenacious in pursuit of excellent outcomes; willing to roll-up sleeves, pitch-in and tackle problems of all shapes and sizes.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.