Wayfair is seeking a Global Head of Merchandising for our Offline Marketing channels, which currently includes our large Print Catalog program, TV Commercials, and TV Show Integrations. This is a highly influential role that is part of the Global Offline Marketing and Channel Merchandising Leadership teams, responsible for driving the overall merchandising agenda as we continue to stand up and scale our presence in Offline channels across geographies and customer types (B2C and B2B).
This leader will oversee a team of merchants responsible for conceptualizing and developing our merchandising strategy - which includes optimizing the right assortment across categories, articulating value through pricing and copy, and developing creative guidelines to tell the right story across formats (e.g., Circulars, Retargeting Category-Specific Catalogs, Seasonal Catalogs, etc.). They will collaborate closely with several senior-level cross-functional partners (e.g., Marketing, Creative, Category Management, Operations, Pricing) to evolve how we showcase value and inspiration to our customers. This leader will develop a deep understanding of our customers, the market, and our business, and pair this with the strategic thinking, creativity, leadership and bias to action that will drive success in this highly entrepreneurial environment.
This role is based in Boston and reports to the Global Head of Channel Merchandising, with significant cross-functional responsibility and exposure to senior executives.
What youll do:
- Build out and lead a highly-capable merchant team (~10+ FTEs) to manage many different categories of products across offline marketing formats.
- Direct merchants in developing tailored assortment, pricing, and creative strategies that support the needs of our customers in each format.
- Partner closely with Global Marketing, Creative, Category Management, and Operations leadership to bring our selection to life, particularly in our highly visual channels such as Catalog and TV, across geographies.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data, along with test-and-learn methodology, to continue to improve performance.
- Become an expert (along with your merchants) on each marketing format, including the customer journey, key competitors, market trends, etc.
- Build your organization of the future:
- Drive efforts to create a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive team environment.
- Enhance the capabilities of each of the team members, particularly your direct reports.
- Establish a core definition of success (e.g., KPIs) for your teams.
- Communicate team vision and mandate to core team and cross-functional partners.
Who You Are:
- Significant merchandising experience required, particularly with merchandising Catalogs across multiple formats, with preferred experience in Home or adjacent categories (e.g., general merchandise).
- Endlessly curious, you can synthesize behavioral, attitudinal, and market data to create a holistic story with strong recommendations.
- You are customer-centric with a strong intuition for what consumers want. You enjoy shopping!
- You are motivated by insight and hypothesis-led, with the solid analytical foundation necessary to validate it.
- Highly collaborative, you can quickly establish credibility upwards and cross-functionally to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence.
- You are a respected mentor of and champion for your teams, leading by example and rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done.
- You are comfortable navigating ambiguity in a dynamic, high-growth environment. You are an exceptional influencer, capable of mobilizing internal and external teams towards a common objective.
- Adept at prioritization, you can evaluate needs of multiple stakeholders and make decisions as to which initiatives are (and are not) critical to the business.
What Youll Need:
- 10+ years of experience in relevant areas.
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results.
- Passion for leveraging large data sets to drive strategic insights.
- Well-rounded, versatile performer, capable of adapting as our business continues to evolve.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, technology-driven environment, and motivate teams to bring our future-state vision to life.
- Experience communicating, collaborating, and delivering business results with executive audiences.
- Experience in and passion for building high performance teams.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.