All roles listed as remote are available as remote within the same country.
Location: Boston. This role is open to remote work from the US
Were looking for an entrepreneurial and driven individual to join our Finance team to support Snyks hyper-growth as Global Tax Director. This individual will lead our global tax compliance, tax reporting, and tax forecasting functions and will work closely with/ report directly to the Vice President Finance, Corporate Controller.
We are distributed across five offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston, Ottawa, and Zurich with 10% of the company working fully-remote. Weve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see whats happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
Youll spend your time:
- overseeing the global income tax provision process. Identifying local country tax issues, book/tax differences, tax forecasting, and uncertain tax positions and assisting in the tax footnote preparation
- coordinating the preparation of all global tax returns, including US Federal and state, foreign information returns (Forms 5471, 8858, etc.) and other international tax reporting (GILTI, etc.)
- working with an amazing team to oversee the indirect tax function, which includes sales and use tax, property tax, franchise and other business taxes, as well as VAT, GST and other international taxes
- working closely with third-party providers to identify and implement domestic and foreign tax planning opportunities to minimize both US GAAP and cash taxes and actively monitor changes to tax laws and regulations
- analyzing the tax impact and reporting requirements for international expansions, acquisitions, dispositions, and restructurings
- overseeing the completion and review of all transfer pricing documentation requirements, including review of the transfer pricing calculations
- designing, developing and maintaining internal controls and related documentation for all tax-related processes
You should apply if you:
- have strong knowledge in US Corporate and international tax
- are a CPA with at least 12 years of tax and business/industry work experience
- have been in a leadership role for at least two years
- are ridiculously easy to work with - ability to build strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders that have diverse interests
- have project/program management skills and ability to multi-task
Wed especially love to hear from you if you:
- have SaaS industry experience
- are agile and enjoy the speed of a fast-paced, highly engaged startup environment
- have strong communications skills in both formal and informal situations
- are hands-on, curious and love to learn new things
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment weve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether youre the right person, do apply anyway :)
Were on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
Were living in a world of digital transformation. Cyber security is taking center stage for many companies, and the demand for Snyks product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has been adopted by over 2.2M developers who use Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding, bringing our company valuation to $4.7 billion, after recently securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions with DeepCode & Manifold. On top of that, we have doubled the size of our global team, and were not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and were building Snyk to make it easier for developers who arent security experts to stay secure. Join us!