Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work has made a real impact. We're the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we're expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus seeks a Group Product Manager to join our growing Technical Product team. This team is highly cross-functional, requires strong analytical abilities, a strong technical foundation, and a passion for innovation to help millions of unique car shoppers search and decide on a car.
In this role, you will lead our technical product efforts which focus on our infrastructure development initiatives. You will be responsible for working cross-functionally to define and prioritize key pivotal initiatives for the Infrastructure team. You will work with your team and the Infrastructure engineering team to establish measurable KPIs, report on progress against those targets, and communicate progress and challenges to executive partners.
What Youll Do:
- Sets the vision, purpose, guiding principles, goals, and measures to achieve the goals. Cascades these down to the products and teams. Motivates the product teams to take ownership and pride in what they develop towards achieving the vision.
- Assists Technical Product Managers on the team in generating consensus and facilitating cross-functional collaboration with a wide range of technical partners.
- Maintain high levels of engagement with senior stakeholders through various forms of written and verbal communication, including, status reports, and executive presentations.
- Evaluate our platform and infrastructure technology, and the unique challenges we face as a rapidly growing company.
- Possess a deep understanding of the problem being addressed by the platform, products initiatives or features in order to communicate the why.
- Ensure that prioritization of projects align with high-level strategies and business goals.
- Empower your team to work towards critical initiatives, often taking on work in service of their success.
- Cares about people management, providing professional development opportunities and helping the team advance in their careers.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of proven experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments; 3+ in a technical role
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Bachelor's degree required
- Highly curious with the desire to adapt quickly and think big
- Comfortable in fast paced environment solving unstructured problems
- Analytical and a creative problem-solver
- Skilled in driving projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Ability to effectively liaison with internal teams, and able to adapt style to work closely with varying personality types
At CarGurus, we invest in our people's professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about, like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world's most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don't just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you don't just fit, you thrive. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.