Who we are
The App Marketing team is responsible for generating business-wide loyalty outcomes by introducing customers to our family of apps and creating direct, first-party relationships that unlock incremental spend and share of wallet. The app is a fast-growing, strategic loyalty lever and represents an increasingly high-visibility opportunity across Wayfair and the four Luxury and Specialty Retail Brands (Allmodern, Joss & Main, Birch Lane, Perigold). Our team operates as a well-funded startup, owning the full-funnel app strategy (i.e. user growth and retention) across marketing and site touchpoints and collaborating cross-functionally to execute it. This includes digital advertising to drive installs (e.g. Facebook, Google), App Store Optimization, re-engagement campaigns, and owned media strategy. We partner closely with internal teams such as Data Science, Ad Tech, App Product, Promotions, and Creative to expand our advertising reach and provide a more personalized and sticky app experience to increase the customer lifetime value of our users.
Were looking for a Senior Technical Analyst to join our team to own growth strategy analytics across the user journey in order to further accelerate the growth of the app program and enable a better experience for our app customers. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial technically-minded individual who is interested in learning more about the ad tech, marketing analytics, and app product spaces.
What youll do
- Leverage advanced analytics techniques such as customer segmentation and predictive modeling to better understand app customer journeys and behaviors and inform app marketing strategy and decisions
- Partner closely with app marketing, product managers, engineers and external vendors to investigate issues, identify opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Become a technical expert in app data and ad tech integrations and serve as advocate for app within the broader organization
- Document current processes and serve as strategic consultant to improve app monetization on other paid channels
Who you are
- Proficiency in SQL, R, and/or Python. You will be required to pass a coding assessment as part of the interview process.
- Dynamic self-starter with high operational acumen and an entrepreneurial mindset looking to make a big impact in a growing organization
- Strategic thinker with a customer-first mindset and a desire for creative problem solving
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; comfortable in a data-driven environment
- Collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others thrive
- Bachelors degree in a technical area (computer science, engineering, mathematics, or economics) or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a quantitative or technical field such as consulting, engineering or product management
- Interest and/or experience in Mar/Ad Tech and App Marketing
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.