Who We Are
The Wayfair Marketing Strategy and Operations team is looking for an experienced, strategic executive to drive marketing and customer analytics, testing methodology and data science platform integration for our global business, including Wayfair and our Specialty Retail Brands (AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold). Our diverse offering is powered by an in-depth understanding of marketing channel dynamics, brand positioning and customer engagement, all driven by data and analytics to ensure best in class capabilities. By partnering with Product, Technology, Measurement & Attribution and Data Science, we have the opportunity to be the destination for all things home and bring this experience to life for our customers.
What Youll Do
As Head of Customer Growth Analytics and Strategy, you will be responsible for setting the vision to develop an outstanding analytics strategy, sound test methodologies, and data science platform integration strategy to unlock growth across marketing and will develop and drive customer retention and loyalty for the global Wayfair business. If you are entrepreneurial, innovative, and a future thinker that wants to have a significant business impact in one of the most exciting areas of Wayfairs business, this is the role for you.
To be successful you will need to be a technically strong leader, a strategist, and an operator. Your hands-on analytical rigor and insight will be second-to-none. You will be a player-coach, rolling up your sleeves on a daily basis to dive into the weeds with your team, while also zooming out to drive the 2-3 year vision for the business. Priority focus areas include:
- Serve as a subject matter authority for marketing analytics and trends in our customer base with in-depth knowledge of all marketing-related data sources and their applications across a variety of channels and capabilities
- Partner with Marketing leadership in setting and delivering strategic frameworks to measure and monitor marketing performance and define key metrics
- Perform analysis of past performance data and provide top class decision support and insight across analytics to key marketing partners
- Deliver common reporting frameworks across channels and brands
- Own testing methodology development and support across channels
Your time will be spent in the following areas:
- Lead our Wayfair-wide approach to measuring and increasing Customer Lifetime Value: own valuation methodology for how we introduce Wayfair customers to our growing brands and service offerings and identify highest leverage points along the customer journey for creating customer value and ensuring excellent customer experiences
- Own marketing customer growth forecast and performance management (covering more than $1B in advertising spend): create and be directly responsible for the quarterly business inputs, goals, and how we are pacing against expectations
- Lead customer deep dive analytics and insights: guide our customer retention and loyalty strategy
- Drive cross-functional partnerships: articulate and be the thoughtful yet tough driver of key partner roadmaps in line with your marketing analytics vision.
What youll need:
- 10+ years in a highly quantitative, data-driven environment (consulting, private equity, investment banking etc.) youre a world-class critical thinker on analytics
- Unparalleled cross-functional influencing style at senior levels while giving stakeholders confidence in your knowledge and demeanor
- Subject matter expert in analytics with in-depth knowledge of data sources, systems and their application and experience in partnering with data engineering and data product teams in driving delivery
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to cut through complexity and turn high-level business requirements into specific analysis projects
- Experience building and managing mid-to large-sized high performance teams your team expects you to raise the talent bar relentlessly
- Genuine passion for technology platforms and/or e-commerce you like reading about this stuff
- Extreme comfort with modeling and analysis, particularly Excel (more than vlookups!); SQL or other advanced analytical tools are an added benefit
- MBA strongly preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.