Would you like to join a highly dynamic working environment and learn from a smart, quantitative-minded team that is building the marketing platform of a new giant in eCommerce? Our Marketing team drives growth for Wayfair by advertising on every major platform, but we arent your standard marketers. We own the strategy, P&L, and product roadmaps for our portfolio of bleeding-edge and in-house-built marketing, machine learning, and AdTech products. We leverage our custom tools to acquire high potential customers and engage them to come back again and again. We have petabytes of first and third party data at our fingertips; what makes us successful is using that data to build algorithms and automated solutions to take our Zillions thing home offering and personalize it to each and every customer.
As the GM of Global Growth Strategy, you will develop and drive customer retention and loyalty for the global Wayfair business. You will collaborate with business unit leaders in Marketing and across the company, drive strategic decisions, and directly impact the future direction of Wayfair's fast growing business. Your work will be highly visible and cross-functional; you will regularly engage directly with senior leaders across Wayfair. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a highly analytical background who enjoys tackling new challenges in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to contribute in a very significant way to Wayfairs rapid growth and leadership in eCommerce.
What You'll Do
- Lead our Wayfair-wide approach to measuring Customer Lifetime Value in close partnership with senior leaders across the company, including defining the vision and business requirements for our Data Science/Machine Learning teams.
- Own message decisioning for how we introduce Wayfair customers to our growing brands and service offerings.
- Identify highest leverage points along the customer journey for creating customer value and ensuring excellent customer experiences.
- Provide leadership to Marketing channel managers on how to increase customer retention, win back lapsed customers, and drive overall business growth
- Collaborate closely with Data Science, AdTech Product and Engineering teams to contribute to our continuous efforts to improve our customer experience
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with business leaders throughout the company to collaborate and to achieve superior results through data driven insights.
- Inspire and motivate cross-functional teams across a broad range of levels to be highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years experience in consulting and/or corporate strategy with a heavy analytical emphasis; MBA preferred with 4+ years of post-MBA experience.
- 3+ years management experience with a consistent track record of leadership and taking ownership that leads to exceptional results with the ability to lead and prioritize projects and delegate tasks appropriately.
- Data-obsessed strategic GM-mindset: you monitor KPIs and perform ad hoc analysis to figure out whats next, always keeping in mind the overarching strategy and business goals.
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives.
- Persuasive and articulate communication skills with excellent negotiations and relationship- building skills.
- Experience managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering, and modeling, problem-solving and communicating recommendations.
- Proficiency with SQL and the ability to analyze large data sets to deliver clear, actionable insights.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.