Who We Are:
Wayfair Data Engineering is the engine that powers an eCommerce enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. Data Engineering efforts are instrumental in further growing our market share in a $300 billion home goods market. Every day, we ingest billions of events/rows of data about how people pick out the perfect items for their homes, and data is what drives our business strategies and decisions.
Were looking for an experienced Data Engineering leader that focuses on data engineering best practices, architecture, processes to help build reliable, performant, and scalable data platforms at Wayfair. This person will lead by influence, partnering closely with other Data Engineering teams to define the future of Data Engineering at Wayfair, with a deep focus on data quality, velocity, and curation.
What Youll Do:
- Own Data Engineering working group across Wayfair, partnering with other Data Engineering leaders to define best practices, processes, and architectures for building a world-class data engineering practice
- Partner with other Data Engineering leaders to deliver Data-as-a-Product to Wayfair at Scale
- Establish the data engineering roadmap to continue to build the data foundations for all of Wayfair, while delivering data engineering at petabyte scale
- Drive the Data Engineering cross functional efforts as it relates to strategic initiatives, including but not limited to Data Velocity and Data Quality
- Represent Data Engineering at the strategic level to the business, owning the Data Engineering Single Threaded Owner (STO) process
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships of teams that are in need of quality, near real-time data (e.g. Data Science, Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations, etc.)
- Provide technical design to other Data Engineering leaders on how to scale Data Engineering on PaaS and SaaS public cloud platforms
- Attract, engage and motivate the worlds best Data Engineering team through building a compelling, cohesive external brand that establishes Wayfair as a world-class place to practice Data Engineering. Partnerships with relevant academic and industry groups
- Consistent, effective talent lifecycle processes (e.g., sourcing, interviewing, onboarding, competencies, calibration, learning & development, mentorship, internal mobility, career pathing)
- A vibrant Data Engineering community including a shared vision and purpose, team-building events, Collectives, DEI initiatives etc.
What Youll Need:
- 10+ years of data engineering experience for data engineering or analytics teams in an Agile development environment
- 7+ years of experience in influenced leadership, with a focus on driving business and technical impact without managing the individual teams
- 7+ years of experience with public cloud and/or PaaS/SaaS services in the Data-as-a-Product space
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, with strong technical and product background in data engineering
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.