As the Head of Talent Strategy for Technology, you will partner directly with our Chief Technology Officer and leadership team. Youll own human capital strategy and drive critical business initiatives to enable the transformation of our 4000+ strong global Technology org (Engineering, Data Science, Product, Experience Design, Business Intelligence/Advanced Analytics) to meet the needs of Wayfair at $100Bn and beyond. You will have the opportunity to shape your role and build a team while supporting Wayfairs executive team in a critical functional area. You will shape the overall strategy (encompassing org design evolution, headcount strategy, succession planning at senior levels, etc) in collaboration with your team, talent partners and Technology leaders and consult on the tech teams roadmap and action items.
What Youll Do:
- As a critical part of Wayfairs leadership team, you will work with aligned executives to drive talent and organizational strategies that help achieve business goals and objectives and attract, retain and develop the best talent
- You will build integrated strategies and initiatives that drive organizational effectiveness
- You will proactively identify skill and leadership gaps within the organization and propose and implement initiatives to address these gaps
- You will identify new business objectives and prioritize core analysis for key functional executives. In addition, you'll make data-driven decisions that have a significant, positive impact on efficiency, customer, and revenue/cost (e.g. hiring, attrition, internal movements, promotions, exit surveys, engagement surveys)
- You will work with HR and key stakeholders to develop long term plans for performance calibration, compensation and development processes for employees in the tech organization
- Youll provide strategic business partnership and coaching to the leadership team on performance feedback, leadership development and conflict management
What Youll Need:
- Talent Experience strongly preferred (areas of focus include: transformation, people analytics, headcount planning, talent strategy, org design, people & career development)
- Experience working supporting a technology organization with experience working with Engineers/Data Scientists strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience and/or 4+ years post advanced degree preferred
- Global experience working with employees across multiple geographies
- Ability to lead and build a strong team
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively influence and communicate at all levels of the organization and lead multiple stakeholder relationships
- Prior experience in consulting, project management, or corporate strategy in the tech sector preferred
- Proven experience in developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed.
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for working across functions and with C-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.