Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
In todays business world, brand stories are more than ad campaigns; they are strategic pillars focused on building a vision for your market and company.
The Head of Global Brand, Content, and Creative oversees brand strategy, content marketing, and creative with an emphasis on building a powerful brand that drives business impact, customer delight, and employee satisfaction. This role is responsible for building Benchlings brand mission, corporate message, key pillars (differentiators), audience targets, and brand marketing campaigns. The role is also in charge of overseeing brand content and editorial strategy and execution, including elevating key content marketing hubs and brand channels to engage existing customers and attract new prospects with narrative, storytelling and thought leadership. Lastly, the GBCC lead will build a charter for creative, including growth in new multimedia capabilities, global scaling, and creative execution.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Build the foundation of brand strategy. The Head of Global Brand, Content, and Creative will lead the evolution of brand mission and messaging, pillars, values, and hierarchies that exemplify the brand to prospects and customers.
- Lead development and persistence of Benchlings brand mission, message and promise, including corporate messaging framework, message development (headline, sub-head, value pillars, validated claims) and reasons to believe.
- Develop and launch brand marketing campaigns tied to key thought leadership themes and Benchling brand differentiators, focused on building broad market awareness and nurturing stranger to prospect journeys.
- Lead brand sales play, The Why, What, and How, that helps land our story in the marketplace.
- Own the brand metrics and competitive brand measures and work closely with comms, digital and GTM teams to deliver on the brand objectives of awareness/consideration and preference
- Align corporate message with product message(s) to tell a compelling, end-to-end narrative that anchors our platform, product themes, and new product launches to our broader corporate positioning
- Drive key brand research and support persona development
- Oversee strategic brand content and campaigns The Head of Global Brand, Content, and Creative will be the driver of strategic evergreen and point in time content marketing experiences
- Drive owned media content marketing charter, and work closely with paid media and earned media teams
- Build brand/non-brand best practices and content experiences
- Build and execute content for brand campaigns to drive pipeline
- Build strategic content marketing operations
- Launch and maintain existing and new brand channels, including blog and social media
- Oversee corporate editorial (social media and blog) Oversees the global team and strategy for Benchling's corporate editorial
- Build new branded content experiences to make Benchling the leader in science and biotech innovation, including blogs, podcasts, video series, etc
- Drive Benchlings branded blog channels to be first-in-class for building awareness and educating the market
- Build brand social media channels to engage customers and prospects
- Build team of writers, journalists, multimedia creators that bring best-in-class branded and non-branded content that elevates Benchling as the one-stop-shop for biotech innovation
- Lead creative, design, and production teams
- Build a modern creative organization focused on agility and built on scaling vibrant creative concepts across the organization
- Build in house capabilities for visual design, creative writing, and multimedia production (including graphic design, powerpoint, animation, and 3D graphics)
- Source top agencies & vendors for scaling brand efforts
- Build and implement brand style guides
- Mentorship: The Head of Global Brand, Content, and Creative is a key leader in the organization and should work to proactively teach and mentor the broader organization around brand best practices, opportunities, and evolution of the brand. The Head of Global Brand, Content, and Creative should be an internal evangelist for the brand.
- Experienced leader
- Business acumen and proven frameworks/methodologies
- Expert storyteller and communicator
- Organizational, coordination, planning, and project/program management skills.
- Experience using technology that supports building, planning, and executing communications.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Verbal and written communication and active listening skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-directed and resourceful.
- Ability to identify problems and raise issues at the right time.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a role at Benchling is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause an undue hardship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.