Head of Headcount Analytics & Strategy
Wayfair is seeking a leader to help build a workforce planning and analytics function that will enable Wayfairs rapid growth. This is a highly visible role where you will be responsible for the long-term strategy and day-to-day execution of Wayfairs headcount. This is a new role with the opportunity to shape your role and define the roadmap.
In this role you will:
- Own the long-term strategy for this function, including vision setting, road mapping, and expansion of team scope as needed to meet business goals
- Regularly interface with senior leadership to define headcount plans
- Create forecasts to develop optimized headcount plans for Wayfairs future growth that align headcount with business objectives.
- Use scenario planning and trend analysis to predict the future state of headcount. Use these analyses to create plans that mitigate potential risks and pinpoint areas for investment
- Create a fluid, scalable headcount planning process that can react quickly to evolving business priorities
- Partner closely with FP&A to run our financial forecasts for talent and integrate cost planning into our approach
- Partner closely with SBPs / HRBPs to make sure we have accurate plans and update on how we are tracking towards plans vs actuals
- Oversee and drive the roadmap for our workforce planning tech products
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition to inform recruiting priorities and capacity planning
- Manage a team of high-performing team of analysts and managers
- Play a leadership role on the broader People Analytics team and the Talent org as a whole
Skills & Experience
- No formal Talent experience required but an analytical and problem-solving mindset is a must
- 10+ years experience in an analytics, finance, strategy, or technology role with 3+ years managing teams
- Experience building, managing, developing and leading a team
- Excellent analytical skills with experience turning data into actionable insights
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to influence at an executive level, and the ability to tell customized end-to-end headcount progress-to-goal and movement stories
- Experience collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups, communicating with diverse audiences, and balancing/negotiating priorities
- The integrity, maturity, and respect to handle extremely confidential and sensitive employee data
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.