Who We Are
The Wayfair Growth Marketing team is looking for an experienced, strategic executive to reimagine and accelerate its organic social strategy and voice for Wayfair North America and our Specialty Retail Brands (AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold). The new Head of Organic Social Marketing will be a critical member of the Growth Marketing leadership team and will be instrumental in Wayfair becoming the destination for all things home and bringing this experience to life for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Create and flawlessly execute Wayfair LLCs global social media vision and growth strategy across all organic social platforms.
- Viewed as an expert with a deep working knowledge across platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Tik Tok and emerging platforms such as ClubHouse.
- Build an organic social discipline, creating a long-term and cost-effective solution to building brand awareness, driving new customer growth and ongoing loyalty and engagement.
- Lead all aspects of executing against the editorial calendar and publishing across all Wayfair LLC social platforms. This includes developing and executing organic social marketing strategies for core furniture and home decor categories, tentpole events and promotions, emerging category launches and pro-social initiatives.
- Work closely with the editorial, creative and content teams to develop creative social-first content that improves brand reach, extending our brand to new customers. This includes owning the brand voice across organic social media so that it is consistent and reflects our brand positioning and serves both company needs and audience needs.
- Partner with Brand Strategy, Customer Service, Editorial, Promotions, Measurement, and Media teams to ensure that all work is grounded in community understanding, data and insights and structured to deliver data-driven results.
- Lead measurement plan to ensure that the content strategy is evaluated correctly and demonstrates business value.
- Analysis of cultural, community, media and market trends to inform strategic and creative development for content. Build exposure, both on-platform and off, by leveraging relationships with cross-functional teams to further the reach and fame of our content.
- Drive our approach for moderation, specifically tonal guidelines, response framework and measurement.
- Provide reporting and insights on performance, successes, and key learnings to stakeholders and executive level leadership.
- Drive thought leadership on employing a hybrid organic and paid social media strategy to amplify impact of both channels.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of overall experience and 5+ years management experience, including success in building and scaling teams. 5+ years experience with digital marketing, content marketing, or editorial a must-have.
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy.
- Evidence of scrappy startup execution and a get it done attitude when time is tight and stakes are high.
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with C-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience.
- Demonstrated creativity, with effective communication skills to bring big ideas to a broad audience.
- Experience with multi-channel communications planning, using data to identify insights and build strategies for social content.
- Experience building, inspiring, and leading teams and managing individual career growth.
- Experience working with global consumer facing brands.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.