Wayfairs Stand Alone brand creative teams are looking for a seasoned packaging design leader to kick-start and manage our product packaging program. As the AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main, and Perigold businesses continue to expand, we are looking for a highly organized and detail oriented manager to design and establish a scalable system for each of the Brands packaging needs. This leader will work with internal and external stakeholders to create, implement, and maintain packaging guidelines and technical specifications for a variety of vendors and product cohorts.
Candidates should have mastery of packaging design but also be able to build a freelance team to scale the output with the business needs. This leader will be responsible for packaging design from concept to production, ensuring both brand consistency and structural functional compliances. Your day-to-day responsibilities will exercise all creative muscles; its essential that you are team oriented and resourceful and dont view any individual responsibility as below or above your scope. Ideal candidates will thrive on the unexpected and have experience working through high visibility projects with lean teams.
What Youll Do:
- Working closely with each Creative Director, Merchants and Visual Merchandising, to establish packaging standards and specifications by brand as well as across brand guidelines
- Create scalable design systems which contractors can readily plug into to drive output
- Manage external resources who can effectively and efficiently interpret style guides to produce press-ready packaging files for international print vendors
- Partner with production to establish scalable design system which can grow with the business needs
- Drive quality assurance of large teams outputs, including modification, creation, and QA of technically sound and production-ready files
What Youll Need:
- 8 years + packaging design experience focused heavily on production and systems
- Knowledge of printing process, packaging engineering and structures
- Experience working with vendors globally
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, and InDesign CC
- Technical CAD experience
- Mastery of packaging compliance for home goods
- Knowledge in sustainable materials and print methods
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, highly collaborative
- Continuous process Improvement mindset, able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.