We are looking for a tech-oriented leader to help us scale our Principal Engineering recruiting team. The role of Principal Engineer is relatively new at Wayfair and we are excited to start scaling this team. Principal Engineers shape the technical direction of Wayfair at the highest level of seniority. They guide investments that serve the organizations long-term needs, they propose new initiatives unconstrained by existing architectures and capabilities, they will drive the next global innovations in e-commerce, logistics, and customer service. This is an extremely small, highly sought after population of candidates that will require best-in-class sourcing and recruiting practices.
In this role, you will:
- Be a player/coach to a small, nimble team focused on growing one of Wayfairs most strategic initiatives
- Partner with Wayfair engineering leaders (including our CTO) to build a strategic hiring plan and execute against it
- Use data driven metrics and analysis to solve technology recruiting problems and translate metrics data into useable insights for stakeholders, recruiters, and candidates
- Use a variety of advanced techniques to identify and attract the very best engineering talent while also helping to define and build Wayfairs technology brand
- Improve processes and efficiencies, mentor other team members, and champion innovative talent acquisition ideas across the company
- Develop and implement new and scalable hiring practices, systems and processes and be a role model for high-quality execution
- Foster an environment of knowledge sharing and learning where the status quo is questioned and ideas for improvement are championed and explored
- 8+ years of experience as a Recruiter/Talent Advisor with demonstrable success in hiring across domain (roles; seniority, geos)
- 3+ years managing, coaching, and developing a talent acquisition team
- Proven success delivering recruiting results in a fast-paced, demanding, high growth environment
- In-depth direct sourcing expertise utilizing a range of methods and sources
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.