Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
The Head of Scientific Solutions Consulting, Enterprise, will be responsible for leading a team of Scientific Solution Consultants (SSCs) through all technical, solution, and competitive aspects of the Benchling sales cycle, focused on enterprise prospects and customers.
The right candidate must be experienced both working as an individual contributor in presales, owning the technical sale, as well as leading and mentoring a team of SSCs. You must have seen success selling to enterprise accounts, and in convincing C-level and director level executives of the technical merits and value of the software solution.
The Head of Scientific Solutions Consulting, Enterprise and the SSC team will work, in conjunction with sales, marketing, product managers, and partners, as the solution owners for clients. The Head of SSC, Enterprise and the SSC team will take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our prospects to drive revenue and customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite (when safe to do so) and online.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
The Head of SSC, Enterprise drives revenue by ensuring quality SC engagements that fit the customer needs, create value, and win the solution selection. You do this by:
- Driving SSC work. You manage SSC participation and the alignment with sales, monitors key deal activity, and assigns resources to ensure engagements that win selections.
- Coaching to quality. You manage sales acumen, presentation and demo effectiveness, as well as product knowledge and working relationships that enable teamwork.
- Hiring and building readiness. You ensure that the right people are available with the right skills at the right time.
- Engaging the team. You retain a quality team through career discussions, individual development plans, goals, and cultural engagement.
- Developing enterprise playbooks. You develop SSC processes that ensure consistent engagements for enterprise customers, including RFPs, discoveries, demonstrations, and workshops that propose the best solution, link to value, and win the selection.
- Building leaders. You manage managers and guide them to build their leadership skills to drive SC work, coach to quality, hiring, and team engagement.
- Executes strategic plans. You are responsible for maintaining strategic direction and the goal attainment of their organization, participates in developing and executing go to market plans, and sets goals and ensures organizational objectives are achieved.
- Proven experience working with life sciences companies and comfortable with biotech R&D processes and scientific concepts. Must be able to confidently interface and build trust with VP and C-Level scientific & research IT leaders in large biotech and pharma companies.
- 10+ years of experience in presales software (SaaS) solution consulting, with a minimum of 3 years of management experience. Direct experience managing and developing first line managers highly desired.
- Undergraduate degree and/or advanced degrees in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or similar life science field, or equivalent professional experience working with Life Sciences R&D processes and/or technology, are highly desired.
- Have a history of leading complex presales engagements with large enterprises with advanced requirements, many systems to replace or integrate, and many stakeholders to manage.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.