Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
Its an exciting time to join Bowery! Were searching for a Head of Strategy to lead a small team and identify a wide-range of strategic opportunities to fuel our growth and expansion. Reporting directly to our Founder & Chief Executive Officer and working closely with our Exec Leadership Team, you will lead a team to:
-Explore and evaluate a wide range of strategic opportunities, partnerships and expansion opportunities, then prioritize areas based on resourcing, relative impact and importance
-Within strategic areas, your team will explore various possibilities and ultimately recommend the best path(s) to achieve the desired outcome
-Finally, once priorities are set and options selected, you will play a critical role in the setup and handoff for execution, including participating in negotiations, helping to set up initial roadmap and resourcing needs, etc.
What Youll Do:
- Collaborate with senior management to evaluate & prioritize strategic opportunities and build effective short and long term plans.
- Play a critical role in building Bowerys external partnerships from discovery to negotiation through to effective implementation.
- Analyze the success of & identify opportunities for both current and new products and initiatives (i.e.SWOT).
- Work cross-functionally to develop new business opportunities by leveraging existing relationships and also pursuing new partnerships.
Who You Are:
- Able to formulate and articulate strong, data-based opinions based on research, experience and exploration, but also able to flex and adjust as new or different information surfaces
- Very strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Capable of diving into a new business, learning and building expertise and credibility quickly
- Experienced in strategic planning, business management, and financial decision-making / P&L management
- Willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions
- You have exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multitask with research projects, data analysis & coordination with the executive team and cross-functional peers
- Strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, management, and collaboration
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Experience hiring, training, mentoring and managing a team
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, Jos Andrs and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/