Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling HRBPs are part of the larger Benchling People team, they drive program development and the associated rollout and change management initiatives and are the main points of contact for coaching and mentorship across their assigned functional teams.
In partnership with the Head of People, you will be working with leadership to shape growth and development plans within Business and GTM teams, while coaching and mentoring Benchlings toward ever-increasing levels of excellence.
We are a growing team of professionals who thrive wearing multiple hats and rolling up our sleeves to develop scalable programs.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Build trusted relationships with managers and leaders, providing deep insights to help them see around corners.
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of business units' short- and long-range business strategies and resource needs.
- Provide strategic business partnership, thought leadership, and coaching to all levels of the business unit.
- Act as a people and culture champion and change agent.
- Provide leadership on designing organizational structures and workforce planning, compensation strategies, talent development and succession planning
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of employment law, using good judgement while balancing the needs of the business when providing practical recommendations
- In partnership with leadership, proactively plan for, design and deliver applicable People programs for the teams you support.
- Where applicable, assist with or independently deliver training programs for your functional groups.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, and conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the broader People team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- 7+ years applicable experience as an HRBP, partnering with teams in a high growth environment, similar to Benchling. recent HRBP experience supporting Business, Marketing and GTM teams preferred
- Strong business and HR acumen, ability to understand business strategies and use OD, talent management and other HR interventions to translate knowledge into appropriate HR and management actions
- Effective consulting skills, ability to coach executive leaders, able to present solutions that are heard, understood and supported
- Adept at communicating to all levels in the organization, earning trust and building credibility
- Strong collaborator, managing multiple inputs and delivering solutions with a one-team mindset while maintaining a good sense of humor in a complex environment
- Collaborative, thoughtful HR leader who sees the big picture and is comfortable getting into the details
- Deep understanding of SaaS businesses and their drivers, practices and appropriate levers to influence towards effective outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.