PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
Immigration Manager is a newly-established position on PathAIs People Operations and Culture team and works closely with all other members of the broader People team (Recruiting, Talent Development, and People Strategy & Business Partnering). This position will own all aspects of immigration responsibilities for relevant PathAI employees.
- Manage visa processes and other immigration matters, directly communicating with and serving as a trusted partner to support employees, in close collaboration with PathAIs immigration counsel
- Work with outside counsel to develop short and long-term work authorization plans for candidates in the recruiting process
- Advise Recruiting team on candidate visa sponsorship needs, proactively identifying areas of opportunity and risk in order to support effective hiring decisions and prioritizing a top-notch employee experience
- Coach and advise leaders on People team on processes related to hiring, transferring, promoting, offboarding, and changing status of foreign national employees in compliance with immigration regulations; manage updates and amendments to visas as they relate to organizational changes
- Work with key leaders to develop and drive PathAIs Immigration guidelines and policies, and effectively communicate to key stakeholders (recruiting, hiring managers, etc.)
- Regularly audit and maintain personnel files for all employees, maintain PAFs for foreign nationals, and keep visa tracking system up-to-date
- Ensure onboarding compliance for all PathAI employees including I-9s, E-Verify, and other document collection
- Ensure application deadlines are met and regularly drive progress on applications in pipeline
- Iterate on existing processes and/or innovate to create new approaches based on the changing immigration landscape and employee composition and needs
- At least 5 years of experience in employment-based US immigration
- Ability to make decisions despite uncertainty; comfort in an fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics, with varying levels of guidance -- and a willingness to flexibly play a wide variety of roles as situations require
- Enjoys helping their colleagues work through the immigration process and appreciates impact of immigration process on teammates lives
- Expertly manages deadlines and competing priorities, moving with urgency and focus
- Strong listening and overall communications skills, and in particular, an ability to clearly communicate legal advice to lawyers and non-lawyers internally and externally
- Able to easily build trust-based relationships with employees at all levels/units across the organization
- Strong moral compass, sound judgment and personal empathy
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.