Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled real estate management company serving an $85B+ market. In addition to property management, Mynd helps both retail and institutional investors with buying and selling, financing, insurance, and more. Leveraging its proprietary technology and real time data, Mynd enables efficient operations at scale and has rapidly expanded into 24 markets.
Mynd is the first proptech company of its kind to combine technology and expert teams to deliver best-in-class services for investors. Mynd has a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments and was recently named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020.
On June 1, 2021, Mynd announced a deal with Invesco Real Estate that will propel Mynd to be one of the largest buyers of SFR homes in the country. Invesco Real Estate, a global real estate investment manager, is investing capital into the Mynd business, as well as partnering with Mynd as an institutional investor with a capital commitment of up to $5 billion dollars across multiple strategies to acquire 20,000 homes.
About the Role:
The Director, Information Security will oversee our internal day-to-day technology security operations, and will advise the senior leadership team regarding security-related standards, policies, and best practices. A successful candidate must be passionate about technology and possess a demonstrated ability to follow through on tasks, pay close attention to detail, and work on one's own as well as part of a team. The Information Security Director will be part of the team that is in charge of meeting Mynds technology needs as we grow, making recommendations for continuous improvement, and managing the implementation of new solutions.
As a tech-enabled operations-focused company, we are building the operating system for the future of the small residential industry. Given our rapid national expansion, IT is critical to the success of the firm. We believe in leveraging latest-generation technology in our IT infrastructure..
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the Information Security Team, including Security Incidents, Data/Disaster Recovery Operations, and Retrospectives.
- Develop, train and mentor the Information Security team to grow their technical and professional capabilities.
- Evaluate and Implement new technology security controls.
- Ensure proper change management processes are implemented for both routine operations and for changing security controls themselves.
- Provide subject-matter expertise on relevant security standards (SOC 1, SOC 2) and regulatory compliance (CCPA, GDPR).
- Regularly audit systems to ensure a high level of confidence in confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Implement regular reporting cadence on Information Security KPIs
- Communicate clearly with peers as well as management and provide technical leadership.
- Provide updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via telepresence, email or in-person communication.
- Coordinate activities with the other technology teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA / BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related field
- CISSP Certification
- 5+ years of leadership experience in an Information Security role
- Strong understanding of Zero-Trust, Zero-Touch, and BYO architectural frameworks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong analytical abilities
- Experience automating processes and operating at scale
- Some travel required
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an A Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.