The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
We are looking for a great Systems Engineer who possesses a strong understanding of how to best provision, maintain and expand a globally connected WAN, LAN and Server infrastructure through a combination of on site and cloud based technologies. Ideal candidates will take pride in their ability to provide a first class, high quality infrastructure in support of EDB.
- Provide in depth technical support for a global, multisite network environment
- Maintain, update and expand global core network and server infrastructure.
- Maintain and monitor security of global EDB WAN and LAN networks and infrastructure.
- Provide integration and support for Cloud based systems and architecture
- Provide support for tickets escalated through the helpdesk application
- Experience with Linux (RedHat, Centos, Ubuntu)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with core network services (LDAP / DNS / DHCP) including Installation, Update and Troubleshooting.
- Experience installing and configuring LAN / WAN related network services (Routers, Firewalls, VPN endpoints)
- Experience configuring maintaining and monitoring of alerting systems such as Nagios, Splunk, Prometheus
- Experience with IT automation and configurations systems such as SALT / Anbsible
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a network and server support role.
- Bachelors degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities
- Experience with Cisco or Meraki WAN / LAN hardware and configuration
- Experience implementing IPv6 throughout an enterprise organisation
- Experience with Cloud environments (AWS / Azure / Google)
- Experience with Virtualization technologies such as VMware / OpenInfrastructure
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and or Docker
- Experience developing, operating and maintaining open-source CI/CD systems
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.