Instructional Design Manager
When someone asks you for directions, are they often relieved by how clearly youve explained where to go? When youre the lead on a project, is the information architecture as important to you as the words themselves? Is it a good day when youve learned something new?
If you answered Yes to the above, wed love to meet you!
On our fast-growing Content Strategy team, were looking for an Instructional Design Manager to lead our eLearning development efforts for Wayfair Academy, our supplier education platform.
We're looking for a collaborative instructional designer who loves building connections with users through the art of conversation and education. We want someone who loves learning, thrives in a collaborative environment, and uses their creativity to solve unique problems.
This role will allow you to build something from the ground up, shaping the future of Wayfair Academy. You will have the opportunity to leverage your knowledge in learning and enablement to develop high-quality and informative content in a supportive team setting.
What youll do:
- Define processes, standards, and strategy while executing against eLearning development for Wayfair Academy.
- Design and build end-to-end learning experiences in multiple modalities, including e-learning, videos, self-guided learning, instructor-led courses, and blended learning.
- Work cross-functionally with our supplier education team (Wayfair Academy) and our group of Content Consultants to partner on and develop courses and curriculums that deliver on business objectives and are curated to meet the needs of various user profiles.
- Continuously iterate on existing content to ensure high engagement and maximum comprehension across our growing supplier base.
- Transform existing educational content into a consistent, engaging educational experience, all while staying true to our brand voice and messaging standards.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how suppliers interact with our supplier platform, Partner Home, and use data to determine how to solve supplier problems through eLearning methods.
Desired skills & experience:
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent professional experience in English, Education, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working as an Instructional Designer, Learning Experience Designer, or similar position (e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- 5+ years developing eLearning, micro-learning, and blended learning content, as well as experience with learning theories, instructional design models, and lesson/curriculum planning
- 2-5 years of experience in technical writing of software documentation
- 1+ year(s) people manager experience
- Ability to collect and analyze data to measure training quality and effectiveness
- Well-versed in accessibility standards and guidelines
- Must be proficient in Rise 360
NOTE: Please be able to provide 3+ examples and samples of your instructional design work or a portfolio. We are looking for work examples that demonstrate storytelling skills and experience developing storyboards that detail instructional activities to support and enhance learning objectives. We want to see examples that demonstrate experience launching effective learning methods and developing a narrative voice that empowers learners while simplifying complex topics. Your examples should show your ability to convert storyboards into animated and interactive eLearning modules.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.