Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismics platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Supporting and enabling our customers success is at the heart of everything we do at Seismic. Our mission in Global Customer Education and Advocacy is to deliver compelling learning experiences that support the competence of our learner audiences, drive adoption of our product platform, increase customer satisfaction, and contribute a key revenue stream to our organization.
We are looking for a skilled Instructional Designer, Global Customer Education & Advocacy to join our team who will be responsible for creating engaging, innovative, and interactive learning deliverables for our customers, that are centered around functional and technical product information. This is a highly consultative and collaborative role in which you will consult with key stakeholders across the organization to identify customer education needs, make solution recommendations, and drive education program execution.
You must be detail oriented, organized, and concise. By working both independently and as part of a team, you must be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while consistently delivering high productivity and quality work.
This role will support the Customer Education & Certification function, will be focused on customer-facing deliverables, and is aligned to the Customer Success organization. This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies and an award-winning Customer Education organization.
What you will be doing:
- Work with subject matter experts to identify the customer education needs and develop education plans to meet those needs
- Effectively lead educational plan execution and development through all project phases: planning, design, development, and delivery
- Rapidly design, develop, and publish engaging course content in multimedia formats, including but not limited to eLearning collateral, participant and facilitator guides, slideware, and video demonstrations
- Respond and manage changes in products/features by revising content at the pace of product innovation
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time, with high quality and adhere to company standards
- Perform the following for new and existing education materials:
- Needs analysis, timeline/resource estimations
- Course design, production, quality control and implementation of courseware
- Review and update course content during each product release cycle
Who you are:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in agile, rapid development environments requiring a quick turnaround of deliverables
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a proven history of producing high quality work
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing competing demands simultaneously
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Flexible and able to positively collaborate well with cross-functional teams
- Ability to offer creative, time-saving solutions while up against tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Learning Development tools (Articulate Rise/Storyline, Camtasia, SnagIt, PowerPoint) is preferred
- Innovative design approach that is not limited by a particular tool or method
- Knowledge of relevant course delivery platforms and Learning Management Systems
What you will bring to the team:
- 3 years of relevant work experience within an enterprise software company (SaaS experience a plus) developing educational content
- Bachelors Degree in Instructional Design or related discipline
- Corporate training and curricula/courseware development experience preferred
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid parental leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.