Hometap has an ambitious mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our vision is to make the idea of bringing on an investor for your home as ubiquitous as borrowing to finance a home is today. We also aspire to build a long lasting durable financial-technology company that becomes a hallmark of the Boston economy.
We are passionately building a business and industry that is homeowner-centric and empowers current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. Our first product allows a homeowner to tap into the built-in value of their home in order to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition or help family members in times of need.
Today, Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership. This product is scaling rapidly and we have begun our plans to expand our platform to support numerous other products over time, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Our solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners, business and asset capital partners.
Who You Are:
We are seeking ambitious, quick-learners, with a positive phone presence and a passion for real estate. You are joining an extremely passionate and hardworking team of Investment Managers playing a pivotal role in the overall success of the company. You will be responsible for guiding homeowners through the investment process from first contact through funding and providing an exceptional customer experience along the way. You will work with warm leads and perform both inbound and outbound sales activities. You'll spend time building relationships with homeowners, understanding their current needs, qualifying them based on our investment criteria, and presenting the WHY behind Hometap. This role requires a high level of sales activities, a commitment to using strong ethical judgement, and passion for exceeding sales goals. We provide ongoing training, constant feedback and deliver coaching to aid in developing your knowledge and skills. Hometap offers exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement.
What youll do:
- Build trust with homeowners considering our product
- Establish a mastery of Hometaps sales processes
- Work with warm leads to guide homeowners through the investment process with the goal of closing high quality investments for the company
- Deliver compelling cases to potential clients to help them understand the WHY behind Hometap
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to manage all sales activities and pipeline
- Proactively communicate and respond to our homeowners questions and concerns
- Provide updates to application status, underwriting approvals, and closing details
- Collect all necessary information and documentation from homeowners for application completion
- Meet and exceed quarterly investment goals
- Understand competitive landscape and how to best position Hometap in the market
- Collaborate effectively within Hometap investment team
What you will bring to the table:
- The drive and commitment to exceed investment targets
- Empathy - you put yourself in the homeowners shoes and take pride in providing a memorable experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical aptitude to master our CRM
- Attention to detail & ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in homeowners' needs and industry domain knowledge
- Strong ethical judgement
- Experience - 1 - 3 years of closing experience, customer service experience in real estate services, financial services, loan underwriting, consumer lending, personal banking, or another analytical role preferred
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If youre someone who embraces this builder mentality, youll be right at home here.