Hometap empowers current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity without the burden of debt. Our first product allows homeowners to tap into the built-in value of their home to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition, or help family members.
Were on a mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible by treating homeowners like CEOs of their household, and to make home equity investing as common as borrowing to finance a home is today. We also aspire to build a long-lasting, durable financial technology company that makes a positive mark on the Boston economy and beyond.
Hometap makes investments in homes, buying an equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership. Were scaling rapidly and we have begun expanding our platform to support forthcoming products, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Our solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners as well as our business and asset capital partners.
The Hometap Investor Product team is responsible for driving the growth and success of Hometap Equity Partners by creating attractive opportunities for institutions to invest in our products. Our main goal is to increase Hometaps assets under management and lower cost of capital by:
- Ensuring investor understanding and acceptance of our emerging asset class by fashioning a data-driven, well-crafted narrative supporting Hometaps product
- Leveraging investor feedback, market intelligence, and portfolio performance data to inform an evolving investor product roadmap
- Developing strategies to identify, access, and diversify across new sources of capital
- Executing against those strategies through cross-functional collaboration
This position will report to the Director of Investor Product and work closely with Finance, Capital, Product Strategy, Data Science, and the CFO to help develop, prioritize, and execute against our roadmap.
What Youll Do:
- Conduct market research and competitive assessments related to similar asset classes, surfacing qualitative and quantitative insights to help define and refine our investor personas, inform investor product direction and ensure capital market fit
- Develop and maintain processes to continuously track, document, and synthesize information on capital market trends relevant to Hometaps position in the market
- Partner with Investor Relations to craft Hometaps story to capital, leveraging portfolio analysis and strong communication skills to position our product for broad capital market adoption
- Identify areas for expansion and innovation across Hometaps investor product footprint by combining input from portfolio reporting, capital markets research, and conversations with investor and internal stakeholders
- Vet and prioritize opportunities for inclusion in the investor product roadmap, working closely with Finance, Data Science, and Capital Markets to create a compelling, data-driven rationale for each one
- Drive our process for implementing new investor product initiatives through research and tight cross-functional coordination
What You Will Bring:
- An ownership approach to your work with a track record of delivering business results through analysis in a fast-paced environment
- Curiosity, and strong critical thinking skills, including the ability to identify and summarize key points in any analysis
- Developed prioritization skills and ability to balance both short-term and long-term objectives
- Positive relationship building capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to work at both the strategic (e.g. generating innovative ideas and new use cases for growth) and tactical level (e.g. product messaging and sales enablement)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with evidenced ability to work will with business partners
- Growth mindset with a demonstrated capability to rapidly pick up and master new, complex concepts and ideas
- Ability to break down complex concepts so that theyre clear and easy to understand
- Well-developed modeling expertise (Excel)
What We Are Looking For:
- Two to four years of experience related to the above in an operating company, consulting, investment banking, private equity, asset-backed securities
- Prior Capital Markets experience is a plus, particularly in Alternative Asset Investing or a FinTech Company
- Experience managing change and ambiguity, taking ownership and creating structure
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment experiencing growth and expansion
- Excellent communicator with very strong presentation skills
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If youre someone who embraces this builder mentality, youll be right at home here.