Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The IT Audit Manager will assist in leading the company-wide public company readiness and related SOX implementation initiative. Partnering with DO teams to help mature and sometimes establish the companys control environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has relevant prior experience (such as Audit & SOX) and is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the VP, Internal Audit. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have an impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Execute tests of IT general controls, application controls and key reports to support the Company's assessment of internal controls over financial reporting as required under Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX)
- Provide Business and IT management with guidance on IT risk management matters, particularly on applications and infrastructure.
- In the near term, collaboratively solution with teams on control design and remediation of gaps. This includes driving the remediation project plan and related prioritization.
- Assist in designing a control environment to support a public company and eventually comply with SOX.
- Perform pre- and post- implementation reviews of system implementations or enhancements.
- Perform various other reviews of IT management policies and procedures such as change management, business continuity planning/ disaster recovery and information security to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate.
- Contribute to IA's annual risk assessment and plan development.
- Researches technology standards, including but not limited to COBIT, ISO, ITIL.
- Manages SSAE 18 engagements (i.e., SOC 1 and SOC 2 attest engagements).
- Advise on accounting standard changes, new product launches, system implementations or other major transformation projects to ensure control design is imbedded in the project.
- Actively seek development of new or improved procedures or ideas to create value-add internal controls as well as business process improvements to help enhance over profitability and efficiency.
- Report to the VP, Internal Audit, oversee and collaborate with other teams and external vendors to ensure timelines and outcomes meet expectations. Be a founding team member for the future build out of the Internal Audit function at DO.
What Youll Add to DigitalOcean:
- 5-8 years or more of relevant experience prior public accounting (Big 4) a plus, external or internal audit experience, and some leadership experience
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred
- Experience with working with High Growth or Technology companies
- Tested ITGCs for systems such as GithubEnterprise, Concourse, Netsuite, Coupa & Blackline
- Experience auditing homegrown, internally developed platforms
- Experience auditing various infrastructure platforms (Windows, Linux, iSeries, Oracle, SQL Server).
- Experience with auditing SOC 1/SOC2 reports
- Development experience with any of the following programming languages python, C++, Java, SQL or Go
- Extensive SOX experience, as well as internal controls and project management skills.
- Experience implementing and testing IT general controls, automated controls and controls over key reports
- Experience with software such as MS Word, MS Excel (advanced skills),Powerpoint, G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, Presentation), Tableau, Alteryx and Visio or Lucid Charts
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative and displays high energy level
- Experience in creative solutioning in a dynamic, fast-paced and multi-project environment, which require excellent organizational, prioritization and process improvement skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively across all levels and teams at the organization and to remain calm under pressure
- Strong collaboration skills to work with other teams on solutions and project management activities
- Ability to articulate and simplify technical topics to a non-technical group
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!