Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
The IT team is looking for a IT Client Platform Engineer to deploy and manage the internal systems and services we rely on. Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, forward thinking, and skilled at delivering technology solutions into our environment as frictionless as possible for our employees, while keeping a high bar for security. You'll not only be tasked with curating an It Just Works environment, but to learn, grow and help others along their journey as well.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Lead zero-touch provisioning and management of Mac and Windows client devices across the enterprise
- Design and implement solutions using a devops CI/CD framework for configuration management, patch management, and package management for 3rd party and enterprise applications
- Collaborate with the security team in implementing security & legal practices
- Build compliance process and related tooling to patch devices, backup data, and report overall configuration status
- Partner with operations team in troubleshooting, driving operational excellence, and eliminating any manual work with tooling and automation.
- Work with developers and business groups to ensure we meet the application compatibility & performance needs of client devices in offices and remotely.
- Develop metrics/reporting and maintain data to reflect the overall inventory, health, and compliance state of all devices
Must Have -
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and maintaining Mac and Windows client devices and related services in an enterprise environment
- Experience designing and implementing endpoint configuration management tools such as Jamf, SCCM & Intune
- You know that the internet is a scary place and understand networking and information security concepts deeply and have experience implementing them in a corporate environment.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to executives, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You are motivated by helping others succeed. When things break - and they will - you are eager and able to help fix things. You like thinking of ways to improve efficiency or bring delight to the people you work with.
- You have curiosity about how things work.
- You approach tasks analytically, engineer elegant and simple to use solutions, with a devops mindset.
Nice to Have -
- Chef or Puppet or any other configuration management tools
- Experience in Python or other programming languages is a huge plus
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a role at Benchling is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause an undue hardship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.