Forward Financing has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in Boston for the past five years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte Fast 500. We help small businesses spend less time finding capital and more time helping their customers and managing their businesses. Our mission is to create a world-class FinTech company so that our customers and our people can reach their full potential. We accomplish this by investing in our people, technology, and customer experience with long-term success in mind.
Forward Financing is looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to own project management for Forward Financings engineering teams, including Information Security, IT, and Ops. This role will be the inaugural hire on the project management team and you should be excited to help grow out this team as the company grows.
In this role you will:
- Build and own complex project plans based on information gathered from multiple sources including regulations, business requirements, partner needs, etc.
- Provide executive summaries to key partners as appropriate
- Set expectations for projects and drive conversations about status, priorities, and dependencies to ensure expectations are met
- Work cross-functionally to assess risks & issues and establish mitigation plans, identify and advance vital items to leadership
- Connect with partners regarding actions and deliverables for their team, including plans in place for addressing any open issues
- Collaborate with partners to identify and put in place metrics to track success against established SLAs
- Work with team members to identify, define, and document standard methodology improvements & oversee compliance with standard methodologies as they are established
- Proven success running cross-functional technical projects
- Enough understanding of technical concepts to explain to non-technical partners
- The ability to lead through influence
- 5+ years project management experience
Forward Financing Core Values:
- People First We build relationships and support each other.
- We Before Me We prioritize team success over individual success.
- Be Candid We are authentic, honest, and direct.
- Do the Right Thing We act with integrity, and we dont cut corners.
- Continuous Improvement We push ourselves, never settling for the best we did yesterday.
- Be Positive We are optimistic and assume positive intent.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based FinTech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $1.1 billion in financing to more than 27,000 small businesses. Forward Financing has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward Financing actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Bostons Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with a flexible time off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
When we arent on a Zoom meeting, supporting our customers, or working on a project, you can likely find us taking part in a scavenger hunt, a virtual trivia game, or celebrating team wins together!