The Mimecast IT Security Manager will be responsible for maintaining and implementing an enterprise-wide set of security tools and practices that ensure that information assets are appropriately protected across Mimecast’s internal Corporate systems. This role will assess IT security risks, monitor systems for security gaps, design effective solutions and provide reports to management and executive staff.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining procedures and controls to assure compliance with applicable regulatory, contractual, and legal requirements as well as good business practices
- Provide consulting to peer teams with security standards and best practices.
- Recommend security enhancements to IT Leadership
- Implement, analyze, and suggest/resolve findings from vulnerability scans and penetration tests
- Configuration of cloud providers security/configuration management
- Conduct user activity audits and perform internal forensic eDiscovery when required
- Stay abreast of current technologies, developments, security compliance requirements, standards, and industry trends
- Research, recommend and implement additional systems to improve security posture, performance, and stability
- Help to design, implement, and maintain the IT organization's cyber-security plan
- Administer user systems and data entitlements, across multiple platforms and applications
- Manage projects to completion on time, on budget, and on specification
- Conduct security training and education for staff
- Create and maintain relevant documentation
- Adhere to ITIL service management principles as well as corporate policies
- 3+ year’s technical experience supporting secure infrastructures
- Experience performing and managing security risk assessments against information security policies, standards, or frameworks
- Proven ability to manage projects to completion on time, on budget, and on specification
- Qualified applicants should have current experience across a broad spectrum of data security disciplines including Microsoft networking solutions, infrastructure and intrusion detection and prevention
- Strong hands-on experience managing and supporting Active Directory and Windows Operating Systems
- Strong background with firewall products, intrusion detection systems, DMZ, IPSec, DNS, SMTP, HTTP proxies, etc.
- Knowledge of security best practices across multiple platforms, such as Microsoft Windows, VMWare, and Palo Alto Networks
- Experience with highly secure environments