As part of a fun team that loves what they do, you will inspire travelers between 18 and 29 to sign up for life-changing travel experiences around the world. We are looking for a detail-obsessed junior user interface designer with a customer-first approach. Youll deliver everything from wireframes to high-fidelity mockups and help see projects through to completion. Working within our content management system, youll have the opportunity to design and edit pages and collaborate with copywriters to enhance our travelers experience. Youre eager to hone your UI skillset, have great visual communication skills, and want to make an impact day in, day out.
Sound like you? Then youre our type of person. Keep reading!
- Develop wireframes and designs for user interactions at every stage of the customer experience (from browsing to checkout to post-travel)
- Collaborate on page layout creation, from smaller content edits to brand new pages, with an emphasis on the mobile site experience
- Partner with the Senior Designer on larger-scale UI projects to produce highly detailed mockups and explore all aspects of the user journey
- Working within our content management system, handle site updates requested from different teams across the business
- Support the development and implementation of UI design standards
- Troubleshoot site content and functionality issues, liaising with the development team as needed
- Help review and QA pages prior to launch, serving as an advocate for the user experience
- Manage interaction research and testing for new and enhanced features
- 1-3 years of experience in user interface design (ecommerce experience preferred)
- Online portfolio showcasing design and problem-solving skills
- Experience working within a content management system
- Knowledge of user interface and information design best practices
- Proficient in Sketch and/or Figma, additional program knowledge such as Photoshop or Illustrator a plus
- An impeccable eye for detail and excellent time management skills
- Strong typography and layout instincts
- A well-developed sense of humor and grace under pressure
- A love and passion for travel
Why youll love working here:
Work in our beautiful Cambridge office where youll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run social groups (including our EFinity groups: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]).
You can expect:
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of work-from-home per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Paid international business travel
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Ultimate Break
EF Ultimate Break is a division of EF Education First and is the easiest way to travel abroad for anyone 1829 years old. Every trip gives travelers the chance to make friends, explore new places, and immerse themselves in different cultureson fun, affordable, life-changing adventures.
For more information, visit www.efultimatebreak.com
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://www.ef.com.