CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
You will own the controls and procedures to ensure all garments produced in the knitwear factory meet our quality standards. You will work closely with factory management to maintain quality control processes, analyze defects, and provide appropriate feedback to the production team. You will also learn product specifications for each client and ensure that all material, products produced, and procedures are in accordance with those specifications.
- Oversee the collection and production samples to evaluate quality.
- Supervise and direct the in process and final quality inspectors to ensure that inspection standards are being met.
- Conduct routine and non-routine-analyses on in-process production, materials, raw materials, and finished goods.
- Perform quality inspection of finished products at final inspection stations to ensure they meet all company quality standards.
- Verify all processes conform to established quality standards and required customer specifications.
- Carry out ongoing lab and field sampling, auditing visual, dimensional, and tests of materials and processes.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
- Investigate customer complaints regarding quality issues and develop a solution
- Record, compile, and prepare reports for analysis and evaluation and report results to production management.
- Create instructional guides and presentations to present to the factory team during huddles and learning sessions to educate and improve upon production processes.
- Identify critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years of solid experience QA in apparel manufacturing
- Experience supervising quality inspectors, particularly in a knitwear manufacturing environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of quality criteria, systems, procedures with knitwear products and production processes
- Knowledge of working with Shima Seiki knitting machines
- Working knowledge of yarn
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our generous Paid Time Off
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.