CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
We're based in New York City with a global footprint that extends to London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney and beyond. It includes customization services worldwide, a knitwear factory in Brooklyn, a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco, a specialized R&D team in Portland, and a licensing and product development team in LA.
About the Role:
You will own the controls and procedures to ensure all garments produced in the knitwear factory meet our quality standards. You will work closely with factory management to maintain quality control processes, analyze defects, and provide appropriate feedback to the production team. You will also learn product specifications for each client and ensure that all material, products produced, and procedures are in accordance with those specifications.
- Oversee the collection and production samples to evaluate quality.
- Supervise and direct the in process and final quality inspectors to ensure that inspection standards are being met.
- Conduct routine and non-routine-analyses on in-process production, materials, raw materials, and finished goods.
- Perform quality inspection of finished products at final inspection stations to ensure they meet all company quality standards.
- Verify all processes conform to established quality standards and required customer specifications.
- Carry out ongoing lab and field sampling, auditing visual, dimensional, and tests of materials and processes.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
- Investigate customer complaints regarding quality issues and develop a solution
- Record, compile, and prepare reports for analysis and evaluation and report results to production management.
- Create instructional guides and presentations to present to the factory team during huddles and learning sessions to educate and improve upon production processes.
- Identify critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years of solid experience QA in apparel manufacturing
- Experience supervising quality inspectors, particularly in a knitwear manufacturing environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Docs
Additional Skills/Abilities (Nice to Haves):
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of quality criteria, systems, procedures with knitwear products and production processes
- Knowledge of working with Shima Seiki knitting machines
- Working knowledge of yarn
Physical Essential Functions:
- Stand continuously between 5 and 8 hours per day.
- Hold, move, lift, and place up to 25 lbs occasionally.
- Position and reposition yourself, ascend and descend, and reach occasionally..
- Use your hands for fine manipulation tasks frequently during your shifts.
Working at a CreateMe Innovation Center:
- Everything and everyone under one roof - Because were vertically integrated, you get to see the entire production process and interact with programmers, machine operators, post-production specialists, and technicians.
- Comfortable and safe environment - Our innovation centers are climate controlled and safe. We provide free snacks and drinks in our break rooms and quiet cubbies for independent work.
- Opportunities for growth - We provide individualized and group learning opportunities as well as a clear career path to level you up on our production team.
- Benefits - We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) + match, and much more.
- Generous PTO - We offer paid time off for employees when they are sick, have emergencies, need a vacation, and even for their birthdays.
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.