We are looking for a Lead Site Reliability Engineer to join our Site Reliability Engineering team within our Infrastructure as a Service division (IaaS). IaaS ensures the continuous availability of the technologies and systems that are the foundation of athenahealths services. We are directly responsible for thousands of servers, petabytes of storage, and handling thousands of web requests per second, all while sustaining growth at a meteoric rate. We enable an operating system for the medical office that removes administrative complexity, leaving doctors free to practice medicine. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are an engineer with a passion for working hands-on with the latest and greatest cloud technology. You want to use the newest tech, but you want to do so in a large environment so you can see how that technology is used when scale matters. Whats most important to you is learning new things- and youre seeking the best environment to enable that growth for yourself.
The Team: We are a bunch of engineers who are passionate about reliability, automation, and scalability in a cloud-native environment. We use an agile-based framework to execute our work, ensuring we are always focused on the most important and impactful needs of the business. We support systems in both the private and public cloud, and make data-driven decisions based on which one best suits the needs of the business. We are relentless in automating manual, repetitive work so we can focus on projects that help move the business forward.
- Develop software-based, automated solutions for core business processes
- Design, implement, and integrate APIs between various systems and services
- Design and implement software services that support Infrastructure-as-Code principles
- 3 or more years of professional experience developing software solutions
- Experience working in a Linux based environment is required
- Experience with one of the following scripting languages required: Python, Go, Ruby
- Experience with one of the following required: Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation and the ability to make an impact, youve come to the right place. Being an athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), tuition reimbursement, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.