Droplette is revolutionizing drug delivery: we are building a disruptive needle-free platform technology with groundbreaking applications in cosmetics, gene delivery, and healthcare.
Droplette is hiring a Logistics Specialist. In this role, you will coordinate and optimize the movement of raw materials and finished goods between our suppliers, contract manufacturers, and fulfillment centers. You will work on addressing issues and needs surrounding small parcel DTC shipments in addition to international freight delivery.
**This position will be onsite work Boston, MA. Please consider if you can work onsite in MA before applying.
- A detail oriented and organized individual capable of working cross-functionaly across departments and locations to meet business objectives.
- Capable of establishing and maintaining relationships between our freight forwarders, carriers, manufacturing and fulfillment centers.
- Proactive and able to learn quickly in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Able to handle multiple priorities with a level of autonomy and ambiguity
What Youll Do:
- Effectively schedule domestic and international shipments including the logistics, transportation, freight, customs clearance, and delivery.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure cost effective, on time deliveries that meet our customer and supply chain demands.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement efficient operations to meet current and future needs for Droplette.
- Ensure adherence to global trade compliance standards and HTS codes
- Support inventory management at our manufacturing sites and fulfillment centers
- Support finance department in accurately reporting freight, and carrier costs
- Support in negotiating freight and small parcel contracts
- Proactively assess ongoing shipping risks and propose mitigation strategies.
Fulfillment / 3PL
- Drive and support the implementation of a domestic and international 3PL network
- Coordinate shipments of finished goods inventory between our fulfillment centers, carriers, and suppliers
- Partner internally with Marketing, Operations, and Engineering to develop logistics processes between our manufacturing facilities and fulfillment centers.
- Coordinate and Implement new strategies with internal and external partners
- Support projects to improve service to customers and reduce/control costs.
- Support Customer Service Team on reported logistics and operations issues, and identify mitigating solutions
- Analyze and monitor small parcel shipments to address issues relating to claims, lost and damaged shipments to improve the Droplette customer experience
What We Seek:
- 1+ years of experience working with freight forwarders, customs brokers, domestic, small parcel carriers, and other third party logistics providers.
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or related fields.
- Experience working with all modes of transportation not limited to air, ocean, truck and rail shipments.
- Experience supporting inventory management systems
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong relationship and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Advance proficiency in data analysis and reporting utilizing Microsoft Office and Google Workplace
More about Droplette
The Droplette team is driven to make an impact in medicine and consumer healthcare by harnessing hardware and technology. The ideal candidate for this role will join us on our mission to push the limits of molecular delivery and be enthusiastic about working with a constantly-growing company. We are seeking candidates that are both a technical and cultural fit for our organization: we believe that a passionate and diverse team with interdisciplinary skill sets is crucial as we strive to make a positive difference in the world with our technology.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on protected categories, Droplette also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior from ever gaining a foothold in our company. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Droplette.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice: Agencies that submit a resume to Droplette must have a current executed Droplette Agency Agreement executed by the Head of People Operations. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Droplette Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Droplette Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
Droplette participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Covid- 19 Mandatory Vaccination Requirement: Throughout the pandemic, we've done all that we can to keep our employees safe, and the employees coming in have been careful to take precautions to reduce the risk of bringing Covid into our work environment. As we reopen our office, we're mindful that the pandemic is not yet over, and young children are not yet vaccinated. We are committed to continuing to protect our team and keep our office safe. Vaccination has proven to be the best thing you can do to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and your community. Since we are striving for a 100% vaccinated workplace (including employees, contractors, vendors and guests), all NEW HIRES will be required to be fully vaccinated, and to present proof of their Covid-19 vaccination to our People OPS team as part of our on-boarding process.