ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
If so, nice to meet you! We are Loadsmart and we have recently created a new role to help us optimize top talent at our growing company (we grew from 150 to 500 in the last 18 months) with a recent Series C of $90M. We are seeking an innovative, agile, data-oriented LTL Guru who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced global company.
In this role, youll lead all strategic LTL Pricing initiatives, and have an instrumental role in developing our LTL Product to support our customers. You will obsess over carrier relationships and serve as an LTL expert in supporting our Account Sales team. From day one, you will leverage your industry knowledge and high energy to develop high-level RFP strategies, improve upon our existing carrier relationships and grow Loadsmarts overall LTL offering.
REPORTING TO: Brian Sepe, Director, Multimodal Solutions
Location: Chicago - we are operating with a hybrid environment where youre asked to come into the office every day during the first 4 weeks of training and then are able to come into the office at least 3 days a week
What you get to do:
- Commercial / Sales Support
- Conduct all RFP initiatives through analysis and carrier utilization strategy. Work closely with both Account Management and Account Sales teams along with Senior leadership in conducting client-specific pricing execution and strategy.
- Provide operational support and market intel on customer calls as needed to facilitate growth. Ownership to develop and lead strategic initiatives to improve Account Sales productivity and improve the overall LTL experience.
- Procurement / Operations
- Assist the Director of Multimodal solutions in building strategic carrier relationships and growing the LTL carrier portfolio in a deliberate and intentional manner.
- Communicate and ensure the implementation of all carrier GRIs, and network changes within the organization, and TMS.
- Product / Training
- Identify new technologies, and solutions that will contribute directly to the continued growth of the LTL mode.
- Work closely with Finance, Operations, and Product teams to ensure back-end processes are improved and functional to align with carrier relations and shipper experience.
- Help refine current training materials and programs to foster comprehension of the nuances of the LTL vertical.
You have experience:
- 3+ years in LTL Pricing & Procurement Deep knowledge of LTL carrier operations and practices
- Strong familiarity with Czar Lite and other neutral rate base pricing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Practical understanding of TMS Software
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with motor carriers
Your colleagues would describe you as:
- A Leader/Mentor - You take lead and communicate team strategy
- Macro market intelligence - You obsess about macroeconomics and enjoy keeping up with the weather. You also can find your way around a map
- Curious - You do your own research and consistently look for ways to improve a process.
- Dependable - Your friends and family can depend on you to get the job done
- Cross-team collaborator - You communicate well with everyone and treat others with respect
- Possessing the ability to think strategically about the bigger picture and tactically about tasks at hand
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments
WORKING AT LOADSMART
Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
Extremely competitive Equity package
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
Commuter benefits and membership with CITI bike
10 Paid holidays, plus 15 days of accrued PTO for a total of 25 paid days off per year
Lots of employee engagement activities both offsite and onsite; if youre in Chicago expect to have an amazing time as we reopen our offices
An opportunity to work with an inclusive, global community of 450+ Loadies united by our core value of Teamwork
Regular recognition, feedback, and transparency across all levels
Opportunities for you to join our community service initiatives
Are you up to the challenge?
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.