The Motion Planning ML research team introduces and advances new Deep Learning techniques for our Motion Planner. Team members perform research not commonly found in existing literature, develop machine learning infrastructure, build and train models, integrate them into existing motion planer, and write production level software.
- Train and evaluate models in distributed fashion
- Software design and development of scaling ML infrastructure
- Perform data mining to find interesting and impactful data
- Research metrics and model introspection
- Contribute to technical strategy, conduct code reviews
- Deploy models on vehicle and evaluate their performance with metrics
- Work closely with production Motion Planning and Controls team to identify places where data-driven deep learning approach is beneficial.
Experience to bring:
- PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Advanced knowledge of software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods
- Experience designing, training, analyzing, and deploying neural networks..
- Computer Science, Robotics, or related degree
We'd be pleasantly surprised to see:
- Motion Planning, Motion Prediction, Behavioral prediction experience
- C++ development experience in Linux environment
- Autonomous vehicle experience
Machine Learning at Motional
We have produced groundbreaking advancements in the autonomous vehicle industry including nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150)
Motional has offices in Boston, Pittsburgh, Santa Monica, Bay area, and Las Vegas. You can join any of these offices.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.