Motional is looking for a ML fellow for our Autonomy team. The Autonomy team is in charge of developing the core AV software that powers our fleet of self-driving vehicles. Machine learning has a foundational role to play in this solution and we are looking for a distinguished ML expert to join the team and advise on strategic and system level designs. This is a unique opportunity to have a foundational impact on a critical part of Motionals self-driving car technology.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Refine and develop the Autonomy Machine Learning architecture including vision, lidar & radar based detection, prediction & planning systems.
- Review and advice on ML projects throughout the organization.
- Architect our PyTorch codebase to maintain a high degree of modularity & quality while achieving lighting-fast train and inference time.
- Lead tiger teams to design & implement critical projects.
- Support hiring and interviewing for key roles on the team.
- Coordinate reading groups and stay a-jour with cutting edge ML research.
- Lead and advise on research projects for publication in top vision & ML conferences.
- Serve as a visible technology thought leader in the industry.
What We're Looking For
- Phd or M.S. in computer science or similar discipline.
- 15+ years experience shipping Machine Learning products.
- Experience leading a team of 10+ engineers.
- Advanced knowledge of PyTorch and Python.
- Foundational understanding of the building blocks of modern deep learning: Transformers, CNNs, Multi-task & transfer learning.