Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Manager, Clinical Services will play a critical role in the department, developing new clinical services for strategic partners that expand the range of telemedicine services offered by Amwell. The Manager, Clinical Services will also act as the business owner of select clinical service lines, providing ongoing oversight of service line performance and implementing enhancements, as appropriate. As a key member of the Clinical Services team, you will work closely with the Clinical Directors, Clinical Operations and other teams within the Amwell Medical Group to design and implement new offerings and improve existing offerings. You will partner with colleagues in Clinical Programs, Health Plan Sales and Professional Services to assess how the Amwell Medical Group can respond to new market opportunities with clients in diverse categories such as medical device, retail wellness and consumer gateway innovators.
Specifically, the Manager, Clinical Services will:
- Act as the business owner for these services, possessing a complete understanding of all variables that impact the business
- Craft business plans for new and existing programs and services and develop and execute project launch and improvement plans
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Utilize data and track ongoing metrics to help drive strategy, oversight, and decision making
- Build profitable relationships with third parties where it makes more sense to partner rather than build new services
- Understand customer needs as well as competitors marketing, products and pricing and make strategic changes
- Maintain industry expertise; keep tabs on trends and new product ideas
- Identify new growth areas for existing telemedicine services businesses
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience within, but not limited to healthcare services, pharma, medical devices, business development and/or strategy capacity at a top tier consulting firm
- An MBA from a top-tier school or equivalent experience
- A confident, entrepreneurial self-starter with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and add immediate value in a fast-paced environment
- A process oriented individual, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
- Demonstrated experience delivering against targets & goals in rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Ability to work side-by-side clearly and consistently with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives. Persuasive and articulate communication skills.
- Innovative problem-solving skills dissect and resolve root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management with external companies
Should you join Amwell and the Clinical Services team, you can expect:
The Clinical Services team is a fast growing, fast paced team that works directly with onboarding clinicians to offer flexible physician jobs that connect patients through live, video visits. Care is delivered utilizing Amwells system as well as client-branded systems in which you will play a key role in supporting.
The Amwell Medical Group offers care in all 50 states and provides Urgent Care, Behavioral Health, Virtual Primary Care, Nutrition, Lactation, and Sleep Medicine services to the general public, as well as multiple employer groups and health plans.
Online care allows patients and consumers to connect with physicians immediately, through an innovative Telemedicine Platform. Whether a patient has the flu or a general health question, they can access the professional help of our Amwell Medical Group providers from the comfort of their home or office. We use the most advanced Web-based technologies and telephony to remove traditional barriers to healthcare access, including insurance coverage, geography, mobility and time constraints.
In addition to developing and improving Clinical Services, the Clinical Services department is comprised of 4 additional key areas: Provider Onboarding, Provider Operations, Network Operations, and Clinical Quality. We all work together to develop innovative new clinical services, help find the best doctors to work on the platform, support their technology needs, and build relationships to make the provider and patient experience unique and successful.
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans