Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Veeva is looking for a dynamic Manager to join its Compass team, bringing together a deep knowledge of health data and analytics, entrepreneurial energy, and passion for client engagement to drive Compass data product adoption and growth. You will be a member of a growing business unit at Veeva, working closely with Compass Strategy and Veeva Account Executives to position Compass data products (Patient and Prescriber) in-market and fuel product line growth.
The Compass Strategy Manager is responsible for supporting customer engagements in pre-sales, working directly with customers to build brand awareness, highlighting data network strengths and points of differentiation, demonstrating best practices in data use, and showcasing the art of the possible leveraging Compass data. Additionally, in your role, you will partner closely with members of a cross-functional team to build dashboards and perform analysis designed to accelerate the pre-sales process, specifically in the areas of customer targeting and Compass data network profiling.
As a subject-matter expert in data and analytics, your role will be critical to driving customer awareness and adoption and will have a direct impact on the commercial success of our products. The feedback you receive from customers in-market will be curated and shared with members of the Compass team to inform Compass product roadmap, feature releases, and our data acquisition strategy.
If you are intellectually curious, get excited about bringing new products to market and enjoy working in an innovative, fast-paced environment, this is a great opportunity for you.
What You'll Do
- Engage with customers as an SME on Veeva Compass
- Communicate our value proposition clearly
- Handle objections
- Demo the Compass data platform and key features
- Discuss how Compass products can be used to support customer use cases
- Perform customer and therapeutic area research to guide Compass positioning
- Partner with customers to develop pre-sales reporting requirements for counts and coverage
- Manage multiple projects/analyses of varying complexity leveraging claims and prescriber-level data and ensuring on-time delivery for internal and external customers
- Develop customer presentations and craft messaging based on therapeutic area and data network knowledge
- Manage customer requests and follow-ups through to completion, coordinating support from cross-functional teams as needed
- Contribute to new business development planning, helping to inform strategy based on therapeutic area knowledge and data expertise
- Be a trusted advisor to the customer, serving as a key point of contact with the client in conjunction with Strategy
- Collect and curate and market feedback and share with cross-functional Compass team to drive product roadmap and data acquisition strategy
- Educate cross-functional teams on client data needs, challenges, and/or gaps
- Lead the design and completion of internal projects to support pre-sales (e.g., dashboard creation, data network profiling, visualization, etc)
- Assist in developing Compass responses to customer RFP/RFIs
- 5+ years of healthcare data and/or analytics experience
- Experience managing consulting and/or analytics engagements with clients
- Expertise in tools required to support pre-sales
- Programming languages (SQL, Python)
- Data visualization (Tableau, Power BI)
- MS Office applications (Excel, PPT)
- Project management (Jira, Confluence)
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects
- Strong analytical capability and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience working with product and/or agile teams
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].