Brandwatch is the global leader in social and digital consumer intelligence, working with the biggest brands and most admired agencies worldwide 39 of the Fortune 100 are clients.
Recently named a leader in The Forrester Wave, we build smart software solutions that help capture, understand and share insights from millions of conversations across the web and beyond. Home to over 500 people worldwide with offices in 10 locations, Brandwatch is a place that motivates and supports its staff to find answers to new problems in an ever changing social and digital world. Brandwatch is part of Cision Ltda leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals.
Manager of Customer Success - Strategic - Brand - North America
Location: Boston, New York, or Remote
At the core of our business is the global customer success team. 100+ people across 8 offices, all working towards one mission -- Make Every Customer Successful. Our mantra is what drives us to ensure that all of Brandwatchs customers get the very best out of our technology. In the ever changing world of social data, we are constantly called upon to help our customers leverage insights to inform business decisions. We build an understanding of our customers businesses, we help them overcome challenges and we seek opportunities to highlight the impact of Brandwatch on the way they do business.
As a manager for our strategic customer tier, your responsibility will be to manage Customer Success Directors (CSDs) across North America. Our US teams are based in office hubs in New York and Boston, with team members across the US, including the West Coast. Our strategic customers include our largest and most complex accounts, so this role requires extensive familiarity and experience with Fortune 500 businesses in North America.
You will have excellent communication skills as you will be the teams key contact at Brandwatch. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration cross-team, cross-tier and with your directors and VPs.
This role sits within our Customer Success department and reports into the Director of Customer Success - North America - Brand.
- Consistent Renewal Success: Meet or exceed quarterly segment GRR & NRR targets
- MRR Growth across your team portfolio: Close collaboration between CS team members and their counterparts in Account Management and Professional Services
- Successful Relationship Building & Customer Engagement: An engaged segment of successful strategic customers (NPS, testimonials, case studies)
- Growth & Development of your Team: An engaged and aligned team of senior individual contributors (CSDs) (retention/development, eNPS)
Oversee day-to-day operation including but not limited to:
- Hire, coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities (supported by Director/VP)
- Provide regular 1:1s & semi-annual performance reviews
- Provide weekly updates on renewal metric forecasts for the team
- Ensure Salesforce rigor and best practices
- Act as a point of escalation for client issues (supported by Director/VP)
- Support on calls, meetings, proposals, pitches and messaging as needed, at times traveling in-person to meet with clients face-to-face
- Provide product feedback that can be used to steer product development
- Help assess the educational needs of the team and feedback on these leading to specific practical activities
- Cross-collaborate with your peers and leaders across the organization
More generally you should ensure you:
- Work closely with your Director to ensure your team initiatives follow departmental goals
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open and clear communication culture
- Innovate and trial new things and feedback on their effectiveness
- Set and achieve clear team objectives
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Motivate team members
- Listen to team members feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and educated risk-taking
- Suggest and organize team building activities (in conjunction with your peers across Brandwatch & CS leadership)
- A successful track record of working with a broad range of global strategic/key customer accounts including a track record of expansion and growth across the portfolio
- Experience successfully managing a team of direct reports
- In-depth knowledge of customer success models performance metrics
- Prior exposure to SaaS environments, ability to adopt and understand new technologies quickly
- Outstanding organizational, time-management and decision-making skills
- Experience in the research field, a plus
The requirements listed in job descriptions are guidelines. If your skills are transferable and you are within the ballpark with the number of years of experience, please apply and gain the opportunity to be considered.
At Brandwatch, we offer flexible and remote working, a competitive benefits package, an extensive people development program, including LinkedIn Learning for every employee and in-house courses such as our Brandwatch Leadership Development program, and community-focused groups, such as our Diversity & Inclusion and Green committees.
Working at Brandwatch: Our values are about being authentic, bold, and creative. And we believe these values are best embodied by enabling people to do their best work in an environment that works for them. Whether fully remote, within one of our global offices, or a combination of the two, we have the tools and resources to make working to these values both possible and enjoyable.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledge and named a Top Diversity Employer for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cisions commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.