PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
The data management team at PathAI is responsible for interfacing with partners to integrate new projects, take initiative in improving our platform, and provide expertise towards our system for hosting multi-modal clinical data. We're looking for an experienced data management professional to manage a team of biomedical data managers at PathAI. This team manager will lead a group of high functioning data experts to help support the execution of PathAIs internal, biopharma and academic partnerships, contributing to the analysis of large clinical trials and validation of newly developed biomarkers and internal initiatives. The team leader will head a team who work closely with machine learning engineers, biostatisticians and program managers to ensure that PathAI clinical datasets are well organized, accurate, and that we are maximizing our platforms capabilities.
What youll do:
- Lead and mentor a team of biomedical data managers in the planning, implementation and organization of complex biomedical datasets on the PathAI platform
- Lead in the assessment, development, and refinement of existing protocols for collecting and serving biomedical data to the machine learning and scientific program teams
- Guide machine learning teams, software engineers, product managers, and scientists in the use of clinical datasets and organization.
- Drive improvements of PathAIs platform and toolkits by identifying opportunities or gaps in our data management capabilities and filling them
- Lead in management, inventory and organization of biomedical data, including collaborating with external vendors for data acquisition
- Build a team of data managers by leading recruiting efforts
What youll need:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in biomedical or informatics fields (biomedical informatics, public health, epidemiology, biostatistics)
- 4+ years working in biomedical research with an emphasis on data curation and organization
- Experience managing and growing a technical team
- Expertise with programming languages such as Python for data analysis and reproducible research practices; Database management experience
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting
- Prior experience combining clinical datasets from multiple trials across institutions
- Ability to work independently, communicate broadly, and take initiative
- Expertise in medical terminology (oncology and pathology), clinical trial structure, working with sensitive data sets
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.