First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
Caring We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
Ownership We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
Respect We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
Empowerment We embrace a culture that supports everyones ability to contribute and lead.
Heres what that would mean for you in the Manager, Engineering role.
- Youll enable the teams you work with to deliver value to our customers through high quality software. You will lead by example and demonstrate to your team how to develop high quality designs and code by doing a significant amount of design and coding yourself. You will drive the technical management for your product area.
- Your typical day will include one-on-ones with direct reports, coaching the team through sprint cycle stages, reviewing pull requests, and writing code for tasks and stories assigned to you. Youll engage in recruiting activities with the rest of Engineering Management.
- Youll provide technical design and architectural guidance to your team with an eye toward stability, scalability, performance, high-availability, security, and cost optimization of solutions.
- Youll work with Product to set the technical plans and execution for your product area. Youll connect this to Kyruus business priorities. Youll help figure out risks, trade-offs, and timelines.
- Youll know the customer commitments, product roadmap, and SLAs for your area backwards and forwards. Youll track metrics, identify blockers to overall team effectiveness, and recommend process improvements.
- Youll partner with Product and peers to set expectations and build confidence, predictability, and accountability on the team.
- Youll recruit, hire, coach, and develop amazing software engineers and be an active advocate for your team. Youll ensure your engineers are keeping our product development principles (affectionately known as MAGIC5) front and center as we build amazing products.
- Youll report to the Director, Engineering in the Provider Match Applications Department within the R&D - Engineering Division.
Respect: How Youll Use Your Professional Skills
- Youll use your 5+ years of experience in software engineering and programming, and at least 2 of the years as a manager to:
- Write high quality code reliably and on time for our roadmap and customer commitments.
- Negotiate and identify priorities, trade-offs, and timelines for your product area.
- Measure and improve Engineering performance.
- Leverage your team to get things done, get them done well, and celebrate them when they do.
- Connect business goals to the goals of each of your direct reports.
- Create an inclusive environment where your direct reports and peers feel motivated to succeed.
Youll use your management skills to:
Empowerment: How Youll Know Youre Succeeding
- You and your team commit quality code reliably and on time to achieve roadmap goals and customer commitments.
- Your team is engaged, productive, and executes on tasks with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- You are able to identify and provide technical mentorship to team members to help them develop into technically competent and well-rounded engineers.
- Help your team develop simple and pragmatic solutions to complex technical problems and customer workflows.
- Kyruuvians in the Manager, Engineering role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - continuing in management or becoming an individual contributor. From here, you can either become a Senior Manager, Engineering (overseeing a larger team) or a Principal Software Engineer I (high output, hands-on-keyboard).
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what youre looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
Where Youll Go From Here
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.