You will lead an engineering team focused on building features for both our edX for Business and Online Campus offerings. You will help mentor and grow a team of full stack engineers, dedicated to designing and building products that attract new customers, scale our systems to support existing customers, and integrate with 3rd party software. The teams current major initiative involves improving the on-boarding experience for B2B customers and enabling B2B customers to seamlessly connect their learners to the edX platforms.
You will manage a team of 5 engineers of varying levels of experience. Several team members are within commutable distance to edXs Cambridge, MA headquarters, however, the team has been successfully operating in a fully-remote mode for over a year.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of 5 software engineers
- Mentor direct reports and guide them across software development practices, performance management, and goal setting
- Partner with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand customer needs, and to identify, define and scope solutions
- Build high performing agile teams, instill agile practices, and identify areas for improvement
- Practice a you build it, you run it philosophy to software development and delivery
- Identify opportunities to accelerate delivery and implement solutions that span people, process and technology
- 5-7+ years software development experience
- 1+ year in a team lead or people management role
- Experience with Python or similar backend languages
- Demonstrated experience with agile methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional working experience experience
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
Thats why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply even if you cant check every box. Wed love to hear from you.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, weve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And were not stopping thereas a global nonprofit, were relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.