Wayfair is seeking a Manager to become a key member of its growing tax organization to support International Tax and Global Transfer Pricing. This is a highly visible, key position within the tax team responsible for ensuring that Wayfair has a tax efficient international structure, complies with transfer pricing and local country reporting requirements, and supporting Wayfairs expanding global presence. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a successful history of international tax planning and compliance, and executing a first-class transfer pricing operation, as well as an ability to work cross functionally in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the ability to grow into a leadership role within Wayfairs tax organization.
- Manage cross-border and non-U.S. tax matters affecting Wayfairs businesses, including monitoring and analyzing international policy developments and changes in tax legislation (e.g., BEPS), and advise tax leadership on the impact to Wayfairs tax profile
- Partner with cross-functional colleagues (Business, Finance, Legal, Accounting, etc.) to understand international business developments and provide subject matter expertise on various projects
- Provide international tax analysis for Wayfairs tax models and forecasts quantifying the impact to Wayfairs global P&L and cash taxes, and identify areas for planning and tax efficiency (structural analysis, tax accounting positions, planning for legislative changes, etc.)
- Manage Wayfairs global transfer pricing operation, including understanding and monitoring entity functions, implementing and monitoring appropriate arms length pricing, owning intercompany agreements, and regular cash settlements
- Develop a deep understanding of Wayfairs intellectual property and legal entity structure and manage Wayfairs master and local files, and related reporting requirements
- Research complex international tax issues and support the development and implementation of new tax strategies and programs
- Support local income tax compliance for an expanding group of foreign entities and support the global tax provision
- Support Wayfairs withholding tax function, including treaty analysis, advising Wayfairs businesses on cash management, reporting and compliance, and developing a withholding tax operation
- Support ad hoc international tax projects and global tax audits
- 6+ years of tax experience with a national accounting or law firm, and/or multinational corporation; preferably a mix of both
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant area
- CPA and/or JD required; advanced Tax degree preferred
- Previous experience with international tax matters, cross border tax issues, and intercompany transactions in both tax planning and compliance
- Previous experience working with cross functional groups in a high speed environment and leading group-based projects from inception through execution, including through the tax reporting and compliance process
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.