What you will do:
- Translate high-level business problems into concrete work streams that can be answered using data-driven modeling and analysis
- Partner with cross-functional business stakeholders to identify, analyze, and implement initiatives that allow us to more effectively operate our supply chain network
- Apply an impact-focused, entrepreneurial lens to proactively identify, develop, and implement business and process improvement initiatives that capture cost and/or service benefits across all aspects Wayfairs supply chain
- Use analytical and quantitative skills to work with large and complex datasets, analyze ill-defined questions, build decision-support tools, and develop recommendations to guide business decisions
- Present your analysis with clear recommendations to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Demonstrate strong motivation and ability to develop and continuously improve business and analysis processes to keep pace with the rapid growth and scale of Wayfairs operations
Who you are:
- BA or BS in a quantitative field with a strong academic record; MS in Business, Engineering, Mathematics or Analytics preferred, but not required
- 3+ years professional work experience in a strong quantitative, analytical, or consulting environment
- Passionate about tackling complex supply-chain business problems from problem definition and business-case development to implementation
- Leadership and cross-functional collaboration experience with demonstrated examples of business impact
- Eagerness to present business cases and analysis insights to peers, stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to translate sophisticated analyses into a logical, convincing business narrative
- Affinity for working with data and resourcefulness in situations where clean data and/or complete information is not available
- Advanced Excel and business modeling skills in a professional environment; additional exposure to more advanced analytics & database tools preferred (e.g., SQL, Python, R, Tableau)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.