Wayfair is looking for a high energy, problem solving, entrepreneurial procurement professional to join the Strategic Procurement team to drive the launch, change management, and ongoing optimization of our new cloud based procure to pay system suite and subsequent spend processes. This high visibility opportunity presents itself at a pivotal point in our firm-wide spend management transformation efforts, enabling Wayfair to centralize spend on a single platform, unlocking process efficiencies, transparency, and insights at a global scale.
As Manager, Procurement Excellence, you will be responsible for supporting the Strategic Procurement team through ownership and management of the processes and technology that enable all of the procurement activities. This includes participating in the design, implementation and maintenance of existing and new systems, providing process and technical expertise to improve existing processes and/or develop new processes in order to maximize efficiencies.
This includes systems that enable spend analysis, requisitioning, purchasing approvals, sourcing negotiation, supplier selection, online catalogs, PO/Contracts, managing supplier risk, managing supplier performance, supplier billing, supplier payment and savings tracking.
At Wayfair, we move extremely fast with a laser focus on customer success, and therefore look to hire adaptable doers who are great at engaging with stakeholders, are sharp analytical thinkers with a data-driven approach to solving problems, and are flexible multi-taskers who will flourish in a role with considerable autonomy, and visibility such as this one.
Wayfairs Strategic Procurement team was established to not only focus on strategic sourcing, but to also drive ongoing optimization of our procurement systems and processes, and to promote the Be an Owner people principle that is foundational to our culture.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate global P2P implementation and change management efforts, with continued focus on system and process optimization
- Define and agree upon roles and responsibilities with regards to all cross-functional departments who touch the purchase to pay process
- Develop and monitor functional performance (KPI's) and devise/deploy strategies for ongoing program optimization
- Create reporting suite to distribute to category sourcing and cross-functional connections to highlight trends and opportunities
- Collaborate with category sourcing managers to design and oversee supplier and content enablement efforts
- Collaborate with engineering to review, prioritize, and action system enhancement requests and reconfigurations
- Oversee system updates and manage the ongoing relationship with our vendor
- Acts as an expert in the technologies used in the relevant processes and provide support and training in these technologies
- Partner with the Associate Director, Procurement Excellence, and other applicable stakeholders to define the long-term vision for procurement technology
What You'll Need
- Previous procurement experience, preferably within a nimble, ROI-focused procurement operations function, ideally involving cloud based P2P systems and relevant processes
- 4+ years experience in procurement operations/sourcing, systems management, or procurement strategy consultancy
- Ability to thrive in a high growth and entrepreneurial environment where strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities are a must
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- A track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- An ability to hit the ground running and learn quickly; a self-starter
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.