Chewy is looking for a Software Engineering Lead / Manager to join our Merchandising Systems & Services team in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The Merchandising Systems team is responsible for creating & deploy new concept prototypes related to application, system & services supporting standardization, optimization, automation, and process infrastructure of the Merchandising business & operations.
Our teams mission is to be the backbone for Chewys Category, Pricing & Vendor team by design, and develop world-class system prototypes helping them to win long-term customer trust, business growth, and profitability. This role will give you the chance to use your deep technical expertise to accelerate the adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends, and practices. You will help drive innovation, scalability, light-weight integrations and maintainability while collaborating with our internal engineering/IT teams.
What You'll Do:
- Develop System / Component prototypes (front & back end both) and APIs (Interact with the full application stack) for a rapidly scaling platform for vendor management, while ensuring successful product delivery and operational excellence
- Design, develop and implement large-scale distributed systems prototypes with large volumes of data, focusing on scalability, latency, and resiliency
- Prototype and develop new customer experiences for internal partners and external vendor applications with web technologies
- Design and build responsive, accessible and performant UX components for mobile and desktop web experiences
- Articulate and evangelize software engineering principles with engineering teams to ensure that prototype components align with overall Chewys IT direction
- Develop cloud native designs and implementation within public clouds, primarily AWS
- Review code, implementation and provide meaningful feedback that helps other prototype engineers to build better prototypes
- Experience in using DevOps principles and techniques to delivery high quality software prototypes with the least technical debt possible
What You'll Need:
- Candidate possess a bachelors degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience creating modern web experiences across devices
- Project experience using React, Angular, Vue.JS or similar frameworks and/or libraries
- Working experience with distributed SCM (GitHub a plus), DevOps, AWS
- Experience integrating with lightweight middleware technologies, integration patterns, microservices
- Proficient demonstration of SQL knowledge
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results in a data-driven, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly evolving business environment
- Position may require travel
- Understanding of testing automation, including the building of scrappy coding/automation for testing code faster
- Experience in Retail, E-Commerce or Technology Industry, Merchandising & Vendor Management focus a plus
- Strong engineering background building Products/prototypes that are E-Commerce scale
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com