**Can work out of any of our major offices (Watertown, MA; Austin, TX; Seattle, WA; Burlington, VT; Atlanta, GA. Also has the potential for 100% remote work**
We are looking for a Manager of Site Reliability Engineering to join our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering. Cloud Infrastructure Engineering ensures the continuous availability of the technologies and systems that are the foundation of athenahealths services. We are directly responsible for thousands of servers, petabytes of storage, and handling thousands of web requests per second, all while sustaining growth at a meteoric rate. We enable an operating system for the medical office that abstracts away administrative complexity, leaving doctors free to practice medicine.
But enough about us; lets talk about you!
Youre a technologist at heart and a leader with a passion for developing top talent. You are a curious team player, someone who loves to explore, learn, and make things better. You are excited to uncover inefficiencies in business processes, creative in finding ways to automate solutions, and relentless in your pursuit of greatness. You love the technical work, but you recognize that growing a strong team is paramount when it comes to solving some of the organizations biggest challenges.
The Team: We are a bunch of Site Reliability Engineers who are passionate about reliability, automation, and scalability. We use an agile based framework to execute our work, ensuring we are always focused on the most important and impactful needs of the business. We support systems in both private and public cloud and make data-driven decisions for which one best suits the needs of the business. We are relentless in automating away manual, repetitive work so we can focus on projects that help move the business forward.
- Lead and develop a multidisciplinary team of Site Reliability Engineers responsible for maintaining the availability of critical infrastructure systems and services (Linux, storage, authentication, DNS, etc.)
- Ensure product success through the strategic use of technologies such as Linux, Oracle, private/public cloud, monitoring, storage, load balancing, and CI/CD
- Drive tri-annual release planning for teams within span of control; contribute to the future state of the business through the annual strategic planning process
- Develop software-based, automated solutions to core business problems
- 3+ years of leading teams in a technical operations environment
- Expertise in the delivery, maintenance, and support of Linux systems and infrastructure
- Expertise in the delivery, maintenance, and support of SAN/NAS storage systems and infrastructure
- Expertise in promoting and driving system visibility to aid in the rapid detection and resolution of issues
- Proficiency with configuration management, Infrastructure-as-Code, Linux, and API integration
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is located in downtown Austin, TX in the historic Seaholm Power Plant building.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.